Money Makes the Mare Go
- From Oliphant to Hanes. T. R. B. // New Republic;3/29/39, Vol. 98 Issue 1269, p220
Discusses about various political developments related to the intra-administration battle in the U.S. in relation to the New Dealers. Winners of the first round of the battle; Discussion of issues on the grant of an additional $150,000,000 to the Work Projects Administration (WPA) and the...
- Franklin Delano Roosevelt: The People's President. // Time International (Atlantic Edition);LIFE Supplement, p25
A photograph is presented of the former U.S. President Franklin Delano Roosevelt and information is presented on his leadership during the Great Depression, his New Deal policies that helped with the U.S. economic recovery after the Depression, and his four terms in office as U.S. president.
- Database. // U.S. News & World Report;3/8/93, Vol. 114 Issue 9, p12
Presents statistics on former President Franklin D. Roosevelt and the federal social welfare system. The percentage increase in federal social welfare spending between 1933 and 1936; The number of things built or improved by the Works Progress Administration (WPA); The number of people employed...
- Other People's Money. Flynn, John T. // New Republic;8/18/37, Vol. 92 Issue 1185, p46
Discusses the New Deal. Assessment of the legislative programs of U.S. President Franklin D. Roosevelt; Introduction of the bill; Opposition to Roosevelt's plan.
- PORTRAIT OF A NATION. Berube, Chris // Walrus;May2011, Vol. 8 Issue 4, p16
In this article, the author reflects on the Federal Writers' Project of the New Deal project of former U.S. President Franklin D. Roosevelt, which was focused on creating comprehensive portrait of the U.S.
- 75 Years Ago... // Tallow Light;Summer2015, Vol. 46 Issue 2, p55
A reprint of the article "White Bolts FDR to Boost Willkie: Mariettan Will Not Back New Deal Third Term" published in the August 1, 1940 issue of "The Marietta Daily Times" is presented.
- A New Deal for Americans. Arnesen, Eric // Cobblestone;Mar2008, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p10
The article presents a historical perspective on the New Deal implemented by U.S. President Franklin Delano Roosevelt in the 1930s.
- Do We Need a New New Deal? Folsom Jr., Burton W. // Vital Speeches of the Day;Apr2009, Vol. 75 Issue 4, p176
The article presents a speech by Burton W. Folsom, Jr. of Hillsdale College, delivered at the Allan P. Kirby, Jr. Center for Constitutional Studies and Citizenship in Washington, D.C., on January 9, 2009, in which he discussed the U.S. New Deal, U.S. President Franklin D. Roosevelt, and federal aid.
- Historyquest! No.22. // Current Events;3/18/96, Vol. 95 Issue 22, p4
Presents a quiz asking the name of the plan of former President Franklin D. Roosevelt to revive businesses and get people back to work United States.