Money Makes the Mare Go
- Do We Need a New New Deal? Folsom Jr., Burton W. // Vital Speeches of the Day;Apr2009, Vol. 75 Issue 4, p176
The article presents a speech by Burton W. Folsom, Jr. of Hillsdale College, delivered at the Allan P. Kirby, Jr. Center for Constitutional Studies and Citizenship in Washington, D.C., on January 9, 2009, in which he discussed the U.S. New Deal, U.S. President Franklin D. Roosevelt, and federal aid.
- Mr. Roosevelt's Intentions. // New Republic;8/22/34, Vol. 80 Issue 1029, p34
Focuses on U.S. President Franklin D. Roosevelt's steps for the development of the country. His railway trip across the country; Speeches delivered by him; Referral to the fact that workers have achieved their rights under the N.R.A.; View that he might have added that the government support of...
- JOHN RIDDELL'S Herald-Tribune. Riddell, Mark; Riddell, John; Riddell, Walter; Riddell, Lucius; Riddell, Preston; Riddell, Thornton W.; Ford, Corey // New Republic;10/21/1936, Vol. 88 Issue 1142, p302
Presents news briefs related to the current political scenario in the U.S. Address given by President Franklin D. Roosevelt at a Columbus Day rally in Washington D.C.; Announcement made by William Randolph Hearst, philanthropist and newspaper impresario, that he was bolting the New Deal, and...
- The 'New Deal' Sealed the Deal. Kingsbury, Alex // U.S. News & World Report;1/28/2008, Vol. 144 Issue 3, p39
The article discusses former U.S. President Franklin D. Roosevelt (FDR). The U.S. was going through the New York Stock Exchange crash of 1929, 13 million Americans were unemployed, and World War I veterans had been loitering near the U.S. Congress steps in need of money. FDR's "New Deal" brought...
- Historyquest! No.22. // Current Events;3/18/96, Vol. 95 Issue 22, p4
Presents a quiz asking the name of the plan of former President Franklin D. Roosevelt to revive businesses and get people back to work United States.
- Other People's Money. Flynn, John T. // New Republic;8/18/37, Vol. 92 Issue 1185, p46
Discusses the New Deal. Assessment of the legislative programs of U.S. President Franklin D. Roosevelt; Introduction of the bill; Opposition to Roosevelt's plan.
- Franklin Delano Roosevelt: The People's President. // Time International (Atlantic Edition);LIFE Supplement, p25
A photograph is presented of the former U.S. President Franklin Delano Roosevelt and information is presented on his leadership during the Great Depression, his New Deal policies that helped with the U.S. economic recovery after the Depression, and his four terms in office as U.S. president.
- Database. // U.S. News & World Report;3/8/93, Vol. 114 Issue 9, p12
Presents statistics on former President Franklin D. Roosevelt and the federal social welfare system. The percentage increase in federal social welfare spending between 1933 and 1936; The number of things built or improved by the Works Progress Administration (WPA); The number of people employed...
- A New Deal for Americans. Arnesen, Eric // Cobblestone;Mar2008, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p10
The article presents a historical perspective on the New Deal implemented by U.S. President Franklin Delano Roosevelt in the 1930s.