'New' Viewers Have Been Here All Along
- Riding the Latino demo wave. Sutter, Mary // Variety;5/23/2005, Vol. 399 Issue 1, p18
Reports on the efforts of television broadcasting networks to focus on market segmentation in the Hispanic market in the U.S. Estimated cost of the Hispanic buying power; Influence of Spanish-language television networks on Latino viewers; Appointment of MTV Networks Latin America executive...
- Tucson television stations. // Inside Tucson Business;8/27/2001, Vol. 11 Issue 23, p12
Reports the ranking of television stations based on average viewing in Tucson, Arizona. Number of on-air and sales staff employed by the stations; Parent companies and headquarters location; General and promotion managers running the stations.
- Ops Talk Over Their Hispanic-Market Tactics. Winslow, George // Multichannel News;12/13/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 50, p12
Focuses on the impact of Hispanic television on the satellite television industry in the U.S., according to executives at the second annual Hispanic Television Summit in New York in December 2004. Efforts of satellite television operators to face the challenges from popular Hispanic tiers;...
- Hispanic TV focuses on relevance. Sutter, Mary // Variety;10/24/2005, Vol. 400 Issue 10, p16
This article focuses on the third annual Hispanic Television Summit in Miami, Florida, from October 18 to 19, 2005. Relevance was the buzz word at the third annual Hispanic Television Summit. But relevant programming does not automatically mean Spanish-language when it comes to targeting U.S....
- Telemundo in Line for Internet Sites. Whitney, Daisy // Television Week;10/13/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 41, p13
Reports on the plan of National Broadcasting Co. to introduce Internet sites for its Telemundo TV stations. Information on Web content for the Hispanic consumer; Background on a research done by Telemundo on the news audience and key issues for the Hispanic viewer; Details of the Web sites.
- EXECUTIVE SUITE. Reynolds, Mike // Multichannel News;1/8/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 2, p30
The article focuses on the goal of GolTV marketing director Didi Montiel for the television network. As director of marketing for HBO/Cinemax Latin America, she will continue to concentrate on building programs for the Hispanic audience but will also reach out more to the general market with an...
- Premium Picks Up. Karrfalt, Wayne // Multichannel News;10/29/2001 Supplement, Vol. 22, p14S
Reports on efforts of digital cable tiers in wooing Hispanic American customers in the United States. Creation of packages targeting the Hispanic markets; Offer of programs with Hispanic origin; Prices of offered packages.
- Subscribers Top 1 million. // Multichannel News;10/29/2001 Supplement, Vol. 22, p16S
Reports on the number of Hispanic Americans subscribing to cable television companies in the United States. Creation of subscription packages specifically for Latinos; Percentage increase on Latino subscribers; Reference made on the research conducted by Cheskin Research.
- Playing Catch-Up. Karrfalt, Wayne // Multichannel News;10/29/2001 Supplement, Vol. 22, p18S
Reports on the offers given by cable television operators to Hispanic American consumers in the United States. Specific areas focused by various operators; Rates of the packages offered; Place of coverage of programs.