WHILE WE'RE AT IT
- Promise of the Promised Land. // U.S. Catholic;Dec2007, Vol. 72 Issue 12, p24
An interview with Archbishop Elias Chacour of Galilee is presented. He explains what first motivated him to dedicate his life to peace and reconciliation. When asked about the role that religion has in creating peace, he said that everyone uses religion to justify national and political claims....
- Christian activist. Walton, Andy // Reform Magazine;Feb2014, p13
The article offers the author's insights on his experience as an activist with the Ecumenical Accompaniment Programme in Palestine and Israel (EAPPI), the World Council of Churches' project to enable Christians to do something. He mentions his conversation with the Most Reverend Elias Chacour,...
- Barriers to Peace. Bandow, Doug // American Conservative;Aug2011, Vol. 10 Issue 8, p27
The article focuses on the peace negotiations that has been going on between the conflict of Palestine and Israel. It mentions Justus Weiner of the Jerusalem Center for Public Affairs about the decline of Christianity in Jerusalem. It also notes Melkite Catholic Archibishop Abuna Elias Chacour...
- Hemmed in. Jones, L. Gregory // Christian Century;7/27/2004, Vol. 121 Issue 15, p37
Relates the symbolic meaning of walls and bridges in race and religion in Palestine and Israel. Impact of the symbolic power of walls and roadblocks on the emotion of a person; Reflection on the poem "Harlem: A Dream Deferred," by Langston Hughes; Efforts of Father Elias Chacour in teaching his...
- Another man from Galilee. Kauffman, Richard A. // Christianity Today;3/5/96, Vol. 40 Issue 3, p33
Interviews Elias Chacour about peace in the Middle East, the future of palestinian Christians in the region, and his work for the welfare of Arabs and Jews. Mideast peace process in light of the assassination of Yitzhak Rabin; Yassar Arafat; Rise of Islamic fundamentalism.
- Elias Chacour, Noted Peace Activist, Named Archbishop in Israel. Morrison, Patricia Lynn // Washington Report on Middle East Affairs;Apr2006, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p54
The article profiles Elias Chacour, noted peace activist, who recently was named as archbishop in Israel. Over the years, Chacour has gone head-to-head with local politicians, Israeli government officials and even leaders of his church who stood in the way of his vision and his projects to...
- Calendar. // MediaWeek;7/12/2004, Vol. 14 Issue 27, p24
Presents a calendar of events related to the mass media industry from July 18 to September 23, 2004. Cable Telecommunications Association for Marketing Summit: "Full Throttle" in Boston, Massachusetts; Scarborough Sales, Research and Marketing Conference in San Francisco, California;...
- Celebrating interactive creativity. Jones, Sarah // Adweek New England Edition;08/18/97, Vol. 34 Issue 33, p5
Focuses on the 1997 annual Massachusetts Interactive Media Council awards show held in Boston. Estimated number of members of the organization; Companies participating in the event.
- CALENDAR. // Home Media Magazine;5/3/2010, Vol. 32 Issue 18, p7
The article offers information on the Advanced Access Content System (AACS) Managed Copy Session that will be held in Frankfurt, Germany on May 19, 2010.