Remarks on the 38th Anniversary of Medicare
- The President's Radio Address. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;6/16/2003, Vol. 39 Issue 24, p737
Presents a radio address by U.S. President George W. Bush delivered in the Cabinet Room at the White House on June 7, 2003. Budget for the improvement of Medicare over the next 10 years; Kinds of treatments covered by Medicare; Principles of Bush regarding Medicare.
- Statement on the Announcement of a Bipartisan Agreement on Medicare Legislation. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;11/24/2003, Vol. 39 Issue 47, p1623
Presents a statement from U.S. President George W. Bush on the announcement of a bipartisan agreement on Medicare legislation on November 15, 2003. Benefits of the Medicare legislation to senior citizens.
- Second Bush term: No undoing of plans expected. Ukens, Carol // Drug Topics;11/22/2004, Vol. 148 Issue 22, p10
Pharmacy leaders in the United States are planning to continue pushing their own agenda in the Congress in the face of the reelection of President George W. Bush and the slight increase in the majority of the Republican Party in both houses. The assessment is that the election results may impact...
- This Will Hurt. Ponnuru, Ramesh // National Review;2/24/2003, Vol. 55 Issue 3, p21
This article focuses on the plans of the administration of U.S. President George W. Bush to reform the Medicare. In 2003, the Republicans are enjoying the election victory, Bush has proposed, as his main domestic initiative of the year, to reform the Medicare. But the decision to take on...
- Bush Sends Drug Plan to Congress; Signals Willingness to Compromise. Hess, Glenn // Chemical Market Reporter;02/05/2001, Vol. 259 Issue 6, p1
Focuses on the plan given by United States (U.S.) President George W. Bush to the U.S. Congress which will help low-income seniors pay prescription drugs. Significance of the plan to Medicare reforms; Remarks from Senator Bill Frist, R.-Tenn.; Overview of the president's proposal.
- The President's Radio Address. Bush, George W. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;7/23/2001, Vol. 37 Issue 29, p1043
Presents the text of a speech given by United States President George W. Bush on July 14, 2001, which deals with the issue of drug discount program for seniors.
- Remarks at the Engelwood Neighborhood Center in Orlando. Bush, George W. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;11/17/2003, Vol. 39 Issue 46, p1595
Presents a speech by U.S. president George W. Bush at the Engelwood Neighborhood Center in Orlando, Florida on November 13, 2003. Efforts of the U.S. Congress to improve the senior health care in the U.S.; Reason for bringing up Tillie Walther, a volunteer for the Retired and Senior Volunteer...
- GAO Investigates Medicare Ad Campaign. // HomeCare Magazine;Mar2004, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p12
Reports on the General Accounting Office which has decided to investigate the Medicare ad campaign. Allegation of Bush administration using the advertisement for political purpose; Promise of new benefits; Offer of prescription drug discount card to seniors; Inclusion of network and cable...
- The real road to better coverage. Dean, Howard // Modern Healthcare;Feb2003, Vol. 33 Issue 5, p28
Offers views on the proposed changes to Medicare program which were included in the State of the Union address of U.S. President George W. Bush in January 2003. Analysis of the proposed Medicare reform; Message that should be given by the president to the nation; Comment on the state of the...
- Remarks in a Discussion on Health Care Initiatives. Bush, George W. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;2/20/2006, Vol. 42 Issue 7, p252
Presents the remarks from U.S. President George W. Bush in a discussion on the health care initiatives in the U.S. as of February 2006. Description of the national health care system; Benefits of the Medicare drug benefit program for Medicare recipients; Role of the government in health care.