- Minutemen III ICBM: THE SOVIET UNION IS NOT CUTTING DOWN. Garn, Jake // Vital Speeches of the Day;3/1/76, Vol. 42 Issue 10, p295
No abstract available.
- Controversy Over The Carter Administration Approach To National Energy Policy: CON. Garn, Jake // Congressional Digest;Aug/Sep78, Vol. 57 Issue 8/9, p205
Presents a speech by Utah senator Jake Garn, given before the Senate, dealing with the national energy policy of president Jimmy Carter. Importance of cutting the rate of energy growth; Need to explore different alternative energy sources.
- Should State And Local Public Employees Be Accorded By Federal Law A Right To Strike? CON. // Congressional Digest;Feb76, Vol. 55 Issue 2, p51
Focuses on the speech of U.S. Senator Jake Garn during the 1975 discussion of the proposed labor-management relations bill affecting public service employees. Provisions of the bill; Creation of private labor organizations; Components of collective bargaining.
- Around the Mall and beyond. Park, Edwards // Smithsonian;Aug85, Vol. 16 Issue 5, p20
This article presents the author's opinion regarding U.S. Senator Jake Garn. The paper airplane that Garn tried out during his shuttle flight occupies a display case near the museum shop at the National Air and Space Museum. I look upon it with mixed emotions. In the first place, I do not think...
- Congress and the Budget: SOCIAL SECURITY. // Vital Speeches of the Day;6/15/82, Vol. 48 Issue 17, p538
Presents the text of a speech delivered by Jake Garn, U.S. Senator from Utah, on May 6, 1982, at the U.S. Senate, Washington, D.C., which deals with the U.S. Congress and the Social Security budget.
- Analyzing the welfare system. Block, Walter // Vital Speeches of the Day;3/15/89, Vol. 55 Issue 11, p333
Presents a speech by Walter Block, a senior research fellow at the Fraser Institute, delivered at the School of Social Work at the University of Victoria in British Columbia, on October 29, 1988. Impact of government welfarism on African American families; Preference of private charity over the...
- America's Third Sector. Levy, Reynold // Vital Speeches of the Day;4/1/90, Vol. 56 Issue 12, p377
Presents a speech by Reynold Levy, president of AT&T Foundation and Vice President of the American Telephone and Telegraph, delivered at the International Symposium on Good Corporate Citizenship in Tokyo, Japan on November 13, 1989. Role of corporate organizations in public welfare; Social...
- Does America neglect its poor? Freeman, Roger A. // Vital Speeches of the Day;6/15/90, Vol. 56 Issue 17, p514
Presents a speech by Roger A. Freeman, senior fellow emeritus of the Hoover Institution, delivered to the Stanford Alumni Association, March 14, 1990. Differences between the deserving poor and the behaviorally dependent; Shortcomings of the welfare system; Abandonment of parental...
- Remarks Prior to a Meeting With Congressional Leaders. Bush, George W. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;2/17/2003, Vol. 39 Issue 7, p187
Presents the text of a speech given by U.S. President George W. Bush on February 11, 2003, which deals with the subject of welfare reform in the U.S.