- Where Love Is, There God Is Also. Tolstoi, Lyof N. // Christmas in Legend & Story: A Book for Boys & Girls;1/1/1915, p83
Presents the short story "Where Love Is, There God Is Also," by Count Lyof N. Tolstoi.
- Simple country pleasures. // Country Living;Feb2004, Vol. 27 Issue 2, p152
Presents a quote on simple country pleasures by Leo Tolstoy.
- Tolstoy and the pursuit of happiness. Valiunas, A. // Commentary;Jun89, Vol. 87 Issue 6, p33
Discusses the concept of happiness expressed in the life and work of Russian novelist Leo Tolstoy. Religious faith; Sexuality; Tolstoy's novels; Peace.
- How Much Land Does a Man Need? // Plays - The Drama Magazine for Young People;Apr2010, Vol. 69 Issue 6, p26
The article presents the script of the play "How Much Land Does a Man Need," adapted by Michael T. Leech from the story by Leo Tolstoy.
- Pacifist politics and peasant politics: Tolstoy and the Doukhobors, 1895-1899. Sanborn, Josh // Canadian Ethnic Studies;1995, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p52
Discusses how world writer Leo N. Tolstoy and the Russian Doukhobors understood and manipulated public discourse for their own advantage. Arguments on the Doukhobor rebellion of 1895 as an orchestrated political act; Complexities of the relationship between Tolstoy and the Doukhobors.
- Literature on the Doukhobors contained in Lev N. Tolstoy's private library in Yasnaya Polyana. Alexeeva, Galina // Canadian Ethnic Studies;1995, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p234
Presents sources of research on world writer Leo N. Tolstoy's connection with the Doukhobors. Support for the Doukhobors' commitment to cause of peace and to the Christian doctrine of non-resistance to evil; Background on Tolstoy's meetings with the Doukhobors.
- Transcriber's Note:. Tolstoy, Leo // Live Corpse;1/1/1919, p1
A transcriber's note to the play "The Live Corpse" by graf Leo Tolstoy is presented.
- Tolstoy's Art. Ivanov, Mikhail // Russian Life;Aug/Sep98, Vol. 41 Issue 7, p8
Profiles the life of author Lev (Leo) Nikolaevich Tolstoy. Background information on Tolstoy; Popularity of Tolstoy work among the western world; Details on Tolstoy's characteristics. INSET: Count Lev Nikolaevich Tolstoy.
- Tolstoy. // America;12/3/1910, Vol. 4 Issue 8, p184
The article presents an obituary for Russian writer Count Leo Tolstoy.