- Fictional representations of the family. // Commentary;Feb1986, Vol. 81 Issue 2, p46
The works of Franz Kafka, S.Y. Agnon, and Saul Bellow are used to show how certain elements of the modern Jewish family have been transmuted in fiction.
- The fiction we deserve. Iannonel, C. // Commentary;Jun87, Vol. 83 Issue 6, p60
Recent articles in diverse journals have lamented the diminished state of contemporary fiction. Most of the attention has been focused on minimalism: fiction that is thin in texture, slight in form, banal in subject, and easy to read. A critique of some collections of short stories, some of...
- Uncle Ralph teaches a lesson in advertising. Gould, John // Christian Science Monitor;11/15/96, Vol. 88 Issue 246, p17
Presents a story by the author about the lessons on advertising taught to him by a person referred to as `Uncle Ralph.'
- Pass the word. // Faces (07491387);Mar1998, Vol. 14 Issue 7, p6
Provides information on recreational activity of story telling that Basque people use. Types of stories told; Information contained in Basque stories; Identification of the first step in choosing an important or interesting event in your life. INSET: In the know.
- Editorial. Rusch, Kristine Kathry // Fantasy & Science Fiction;Jul94, Vol. 87 Issue 1, p5
Editorial. Comments on the emotional effects wrought by fiction on the reader. Cases in certain schools where fictional works were banned because they might upset the reader; Need for readers to approach literature with an open mind.
- The great escape. // Harper's Bazaar;Aug91, Issue 3356, p112
No abstract available.
- Untitled. Coward, Mat // New Statesman & Society;2/18/94, Vol. 7 Issue 290, p47
Presents a humorous account of a man's belief on luck. Going to an off-license store and ordering things from a sales assistant; Repetition of the scene.
- Six pieces. Howe, Fanny // Ploughshares;Winter93/94, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p45
Presents the short story `Six Pieces,' by Fanny Howe, on snippets of California experiences.
- Finding a healing place. Rawson, Patricia // Herizons;Summer94, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p48
Narrates the author's experiences on healing stories. Themes; Character description.