- NEWS OF THE WORLD. Berney, Louis // New Yorker;4/3/89, Vol. 65 Issue 7, p36
Presents the short story "News of the World".
- AS IS. Gilliatt, Penelope // New Yorker;4/7/1980, Vol. 56 Issue 7, p36
The article presents the short story "As Is," by Penelope Gilliatt.
- A LONG STORY SHORT. . Hazzard, Shirley // New Yorker;7/26/1976, Vol. 52 Issue 23, p30
The article presents the short story "A Long Short Story," by Shirley Hazzard.
- Time has stopped. Strasser, Todd // Scholastic Scope;12/13/99, Vol. 48 Issue 8, p16
Presents the short story `Time Has Stopped'.
- The case of the rare coin. Sobol, Donald J. // Boys' Life;Aug93, Vol. 83 Issue 8, p30
Part I. Presents the first in a series of mystery stories. `Encyclopedia' Brown, the ten-year-old supersleuth in sneakers; His father, Police Chief Brown; The theft of a valuable half dollar; Solution to the mystery; From the book `Encyclopedia Brown Camps Out.'
- Talking to the enemy. Mandelman, Avner // Commentary;Feb1994, Vol. 97 Issue 2, p30
Presents a short story entitled `Talking to the Enemy: A Story,' by Avner Mandelman. Fiction about an Israeli terrorist's experience of assassinating a Palestinian Liberation Organization (PLO) official.
- A stranger at home. Miraftabi, Morteza; Azarsma, Reza // Chicago Review;1993, Vol. 39 Issue 2, p24
Narrates a short story about an old man's visit to his son in the city. Imagination about riding a horse and living in another planet; Son's haggard features; Indifference of grandchildren; Loneliness; Sadness about emotional distance between old man and son.
- Winning stories. // Essence (Essence);Jul91, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p62
Lists the winners of the first Essence short-story contest. Purpose of keeping African-American storytelling alive; Judges included Gerald Gladney, former senior editor, Scholastic; Vivian Stephens, literary agent, Vivian Stephens Enterprises; Marilyn Ducksworth, vice president and associate...
- Pig Wisps. Sandburg, Carl // Faces (07491387);Feb96, Vol. 12 Issue 6, p22
Presents the short story titled `Pig Wisps,' by Carl Sandburg.