- NEWS OF THE WORLD. Berney, Louis // New Yorker;4/3/89, Vol. 65 Issue 7, p36
Presents the short story "News of the World".
- AS IS. Gilliatt, Penelope // New Yorker;4/7/1980, Vol. 56 Issue 7, p36
The article presents the short story "As Is," by Penelope Gilliatt.
- A LONG STORY SHORT. . Hazzard, Shirley // New Yorker;7/26/1976, Vol. 52 Issue 23, p30
The article presents the short story "A Long Short Story," by Shirley Hazzard.
- Pig Wisps. Sandburg, Carl // Faces (07491387);Feb96, Vol. 12 Issue 6, p22
Presents the short story titled `Pig Wisps,' by Carl Sandburg.
- Mystery at midnight. Main, Elizabeth C.; Spencer, Laurie // Ladybug;Oct93, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p17
Relates the story of a little girl named Sally who was afraid of the strange noises she kept hearing under her bed. Asking for a new bedspread; Fixing a box for Snowball's kittens; Finding out that Snowball has given birth to her kittens under the bed.
- Tom and Pippo. Oxenbury, Helen // Ladybug;Oct93, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p2
Narrates the story of a little boy named Tom. Getting a haircut from mom; Getting his nails cut by daddy; Playing 'This little pig went to market'.
- Kristin's day off. // Ranger Rick;May91, Vol. 25 Issue 5, p36
Presents a short story entitled `Kristin's Day Off.'
- If You Step On a Crack... Solwitz, Sharon // Tikkun;Mar/Apr93, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p25
Presents a short story entitled `If You Step On a Crack...'
- The applesauce maker. Clark, Edie // Yankee;Nov97, Vol. 61 Issue 11, p168
Presents a short story in which the author recalls how his mother used to make applesauce.