- NEWS OF THE WORLD. Berney, Louis // New Yorker;4/3/89, Vol. 65 Issue 7, p36
Presents the short story "News of the World".
- AS IS. Gilliatt, Penelope // New Yorker;4/7/1980, Vol. 56 Issue 7, p36
The article presents the short story "As Is," by Penelope Gilliatt.
- A LONG STORY SHORT. . Hazzard, Shirley // New Yorker;7/26/1976, Vol. 52 Issue 23, p30
The article presents the short story "A Long Short Story," by Shirley Hazzard.
- Winning stories. // Essence (Essence);Jul91, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p62
Lists the winners of the first Essence short-story contest. Purpose of keeping African-American storytelling alive; Judges included Gerald Gladney, former senior editor, Scholastic; Vivian Stephens, literary agent, Vivian Stephens Enterprises; Marilyn Ducksworth, vice president and associate...
- Pig Wisps. Sandburg, Carl // Faces (07491387);Feb96, Vol. 12 Issue 6, p22
Presents the short story titled `Pig Wisps,' by Carl Sandburg.
- Mystery at midnight. Main, Elizabeth C.; Spencer, Laurie // Ladybug;Oct93, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p17
Relates the story of a little girl named Sally who was afraid of the strange noises she kept hearing under her bed. Asking for a new bedspread; Fixing a box for Snowball's kittens; Finding out that Snowball has given birth to her kittens under the bed.
- Tom and Pippo. Oxenbury, Helen // Ladybug;Oct93, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p2
Narrates the story of a little boy named Tom. Getting a haircut from mom; Getting his nails cut by daddy; Playing 'This little pig went to market'.
- The life of the mind. McGuire, Eileen // Ploughshares;Fall93, Vol. 19 Issue 2/3, p173
Presents a short story about a woman named Cecilia and her unusual, intimate friendship with Andy, filled with signs and thoughts about what-might-have-happened. New job as a script developer; Separation from ex-boyfriend David; First meeting with messenger and budding scriptwriter Andy;...
- Kelly Simon. // Ploughshares;Spring98, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p186
Presents a series of short story about his family by Kelly Simon. `My Mother's Apogee'; `Servile'; `Persian Lamb'; `The Funeral.'