- NEWS OF THE WORLD. Berney, Louis // New Yorker;4/3/89, Vol. 65 Issue 7, p36
Presents the short story "News of the World".
- AS IS. Gilliatt, Penelope // New Yorker;4/7/1980, Vol. 56 Issue 7, p36
The article presents the short story "As Is," by Penelope Gilliatt.
- A LONG STORY SHORT. . Hazzard, Shirley // New Yorker;7/26/1976, Vol. 52 Issue 23, p30
The article presents the short story "A Long Short Story," by Shirley Hazzard.
- Winning stories. // Essence (Essence);Jul91, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p62
Lists the winners of the first Essence short-story contest. Purpose of keeping African-American storytelling alive; Judges included Gerald Gladney, former senior editor, Scholastic; Vivian Stephens, literary agent, Vivian Stephens Enterprises; Marilyn Ducksworth, vice president and associate...
- Pig Wisps. Sandburg, Carl // Faces (07491387);Feb96, Vol. 12 Issue 6, p22
Presents the short story titled `Pig Wisps,' by Carl Sandburg.
- Mystery at midnight. Main, Elizabeth C.; Spencer, Laurie // Ladybug;Oct93, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p17
Relates the story of a little girl named Sally who was afraid of the strange noises she kept hearing under her bed. Asking for a new bedspread; Fixing a box for Snowball's kittens; Finding out that Snowball has given birth to her kittens under the bed.
- Tom and Pippo. Oxenbury, Helen // Ladybug;Oct93, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p2
Narrates the story of a little boy named Tom. Getting a haircut from mom; Getting his nails cut by daddy; Playing 'This little pig went to market'.
- Kristin's day off. // Ranger Rick;May91, Vol. 25 Issue 5, p36
Presents a short story entitled `Kristin's Day Off.'
- True stories. Draper, R. // Texas Monthly;May92, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p46
Discusses the 275 short stories the author read as a judge for the first short story contest sponsored by the `Austin Chronicle' newspaper in Austin, Texas. Surprising number of entries; Types of stories; Interviews with some of the contest entrants.