- The Metamorphosis. Sheets, Kathleen // Teen Ink;Oct2002, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p36
The short story "The Metamorphosis," by Kathleen Sheets is presented.
- Letter to the Editor. Iulian, Iancu // American Journal of Psychotherapy;Summer2000, Vol. 54 Issue 3, p424
Discusses the characters in the short story `The Metamorphosis.' Symbolism presented in the short story within the context of psychology; Psychological ideas and situations contained in the short story.
- The Feminine Metamorphosis. Keller, David M. // Femspec;2013, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p19
The short story "The Feminine Metamorphosis" by David M. Keller is presented.
- Reflections on Kafka's Urban Reader. Reitter, Paul; Wheeler, Brett // German Politics & Society;Spring2005, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p58
Examines German language novelist Franz Kafka's motif of reading in an urban setting. Themes of Kafka's literary works; Literary analysis of his short story "The Metamorphosis"; Cognitive effects of modern newspaper reading.
- Metamorphosis as a Cryptogram of Resistance: A Psychosemiotic Reading of Franz Kafka's The Metamorphosis. Naz, Bushra // NUML Journal of Critical Inquiry;Jun2012, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p38
'The Metamorphosis' of Franz Kafka has been explored psychosemiotically to observe the dynamic process of signification to investigate Kafka's conscious, unconscious, intellectual and aesthetic potentialities in the context of language as sign. Psychosemiotics investigates the literary discourse...
- RELIVING GROUNDHOG DAY. PARKER, JAMES // Atlantic Monthly (10727825);Mar2013, Vol. 311 Issue 2, p34
The article presents a critique of the film "Groundhog Day," starring Bill Murray and directed by Harold Ramis. The author looks explores the philosophical message of the film and its examination of the negative aspects of egocentricity. Topics include research on the film's Christian ethics by...
- AS IS. Gilliatt, Penelope // New Yorker;4/7/1980, Vol. 56 Issue 7, p36
The article presents the short story "As Is," by Penelope Gilliatt.
- A LONG STORY SHORT. . Hazzard, Shirley // New Yorker;7/26/1976, Vol. 52 Issue 23, p30
The article presents the short story "A Long Short Story," by Shirley Hazzard.
- Winning stories. // Essence (Essence);Jul91, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p62
Lists the winners of the first Essence short-story contest. Purpose of keeping African-American storytelling alive; Judges included Gerald Gladney, former senior editor, Scholastic; Vivian Stephens, literary agent, Vivian Stephens Enterprises; Marilyn Ducksworth, vice president and associate...