- Science vs. Luck. Twain, Mark // Entire Works of Mark Twain Collected;3/1/2006, p871
Presents the short story "Science vs. Luck," by Mark Twain.
- BLAZING A PATH. Bledsoe, Helen Wieman // Cobblestone;May/Jun2009, Vol. 30 Issue 5, p5
The article presents information on Halley's Comet, and its correlation with author Mark Twain.
- A New Name. Durway, Julie Doyle // Cobblestone;May/Jun2009, Vol. 30 Issue 5, p8
The article focuses on the incident related to Mississippi River when author Samuel Clemens resorted to his new name as Mark Twain.
- 'Mark Twain in the Adirondacks' at Guggenheim Camp. // Adirondack Daily Enterprise;8/12/2010, Vol. 117 Issue 190, Special section p3
The article focuses on the organization of "Mark Twain in the Adirondacks" program by several authors, scholars and other admirers of the writer and humorist to be held at Guggenheim Camp in Saranac Lake, New York on August 14, 2010.
- After-Dinner Speech. Twain, Mark // Entire Works of Mark Twain Collected;3/1/2006, p881
Mark Twain delivers an after dinner speech at a July 4th gathering in London of Americans. He thanked them for the compliments which they had tendered him.
- The Ascot Gold Cup. Twain, Mark // Entire Works of Mark Twain Collected;3/1/2006, p4023
The news of Mr. Clemens's arrival in England in June, 1907, was announced in the papers with big headlines. Immediately following the announcement was the newsâ€”also with big headlinesâ€”that the Ascot Gold Cup had been stolen the same day. The combination, MARK TWAIN...
- Emigrants West, Gold East. J. M. // Cobblestone;Jan2009, Vol. 30 Issue 1, p11
The article details the life and works of Samuel Clemens before he became a famous American author, including his brief service as a Confederate soldier during the Civil War.
- Mark Twain rents a cat. Hitch, M. // Yankee;Apr90, Vol. 54 Issue 4, p56
Discusses the love of author Mark Twain for cats. Cat-renting; Recollections of others about Twain's fondness for felines.
- Current Mark Twain Bibliography. Leonard, James S.; Rohman, Chad // Mark Twain Circular;Nov2009, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p7
Presents a bibliography on the subject related to Mark Twain which includes the book "Mark Twain, Unsanctified Newspaper Reporter," by James E. Caron, "Gender Play in Mark Twain: Cross-Dressing and Transgression," by Linda Morris, and "Bloom's How to Write About Mark Twain," by R. Kent Rasmussen.