- THE POSSIBILITY OF EVIL: A KEY TO SHIRLEY JACKSON'S FICTION. Parks, John G. // Studies in Short Fiction;Summer78, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p320
Focuses on the basic elements of the short story 'The Possibility of Evil,' by Shirley Jackson. Economy of language in the story; Inclusion of a female protagonist; Sense of depravity in the story.
- SHIRLEY JACKSON. Hyman, Stanley Edgar // Saturday Evening Post;12/18/1965, Vol. 238 Issue 25, p63
Presents an obituary for author Shirley Jackson.
- Psychological Chiller. // Time;4/23/1951, Vol. 57 Issue 17, p116
The article reviews the book "Hangsaman," by Shirley Jackson.
- AN OLD TESTAMENT ANALOGUE FOR â€˜THE LOTTERYâ€™. Gibson, James M. // Journal of Modern Literature;Mar84, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p193
Evaluates the short story 'The Lottery,' by Shirley Jackson.
- What Is This World? Swados, Harvey // New Republic;3/3/58, Vol. 138 Issue 9, p19
Reviews the book "The Sundial," by Shirley Jackson.
- 'FARTHER THAN SAMARKAND': THE ESCAPE THEME IN SHIRLEY JACKSON'S 'THE TOOTH.' Pascal, Richard // Studies in Short Fiction;Spring82, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p133
Explores the escape theme in the short story 'The Tooth,' by Shirley Jackson. Relationship of housewife Clara Spencer with her husband; Ultimate dream of Clara in the course of her drugged journey of enchantment; Role played by the character of Jim in the story.
- I'm Sorry, Ms. Jackson. MORGAN, CHRIS R. // American Spectator;May2014, Vol. 47 Issue 4, p58
No abstract available.
- The Safety of Home. Talbird, John Duncan // Literary Review;Summer2014, Vol. 57 Issue 3, p145
The article critiques the short story "Paranoia," by Shirley Jackson, with a focus on home invasions.
- Strangers In Town. Jackson, Shirley // Saturday Evening Post;5/30/1959, Vol. 231 Issue 48, p18
Presents the short story "Strangers in Town," by Shirley Jackson.