THE POSSIBILITY OF EVIL
- THE POSSIBILITY OF EVIL: A KEY TO SHIRLEY JACKSON'S FICTION. Parks, John G. // Studies in Short Fiction;Summer78, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p320
Focuses on the basic elements of the short story 'The Possibility of Evil,' by Shirley Jackson. Economy of language in the story; Inclusion of a female protagonist; Sense of depravity in the story.
- 'FARTHER THAN SAMARKAND': THE ESCAPE THEME IN SHIRLEY JACKSON'S 'THE TOOTH.' Pascal, Richard // Studies in Short Fiction;Spring82, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p133
Explores the escape theme in the short story 'The Tooth,' by Shirley Jackson. Relationship of housewife Clara Spencer with her husband; Ultimate dream of Clara in the course of her drugged journey of enchantment; Role played by the character of Jim in the story.
- AN OLD TESTAMENT ANALOGUE FOR ‘THE LOTTERY’. Gibson, James M. // Journal of Modern Literature;Mar84, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p193
Evaluates the short story 'The Lottery,' by Shirley Jackson.
- Strangers In Town. Jackson, Shirley // Saturday Evening Post;5/30/1959, Vol. 231 Issue 48, p18
Presents the short story "Strangers in Town," by Shirley Jackson.
- The bus. Jackson, Shirley // Saturday Evening Post;3/27/1965, Vol. 238 Issue 6, p62
Presents the short story "The Bus," by Shirley Jackson.
- "The Lottery". Timko, Michael // World & I;Feb2013, Vol. 28 Issue 2, p4
The article analyzes the short story "The Lottery," by Shirley Jackson. The characters and plot are explored. The author discusses Jackson's work which ranged from her accounts of family life and notes her characteristic elements such as the blending of concrete reality as well as a sense of...
- STRANGERS IN TOWN. Jackson, Shirley // Saturday Evening Post;Sep1982, Vol. 254 Issue 6, p70
Presents the short story "Strangers in Town," by Shirley Jackson, illustrated by Phil Smith.
- A Critique of the Sampling Plan Used In Shirley Jackson's 'The Lottery' Williams, Richard H. // Journal of Modern Literature;Sep79, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p543
Identifies a flaw in the sampling plan used to select the victim in the short story 'The lottery,' by Shirley Jackson. Theme of the short story; Layout of the sampling plan; Alternative two-stage sampling plan.
- Shirley Jackson's 'The Lottery' and Other Stories (Book). Selwyn, Laurie // Library Journal;5/15/1989, Vol. 114 Issue 9, p110
Reviews the audiobook "Shirley Jackson's 'The Lottery' and Other Stories," by Shirley Jackson and narrated by Maureen Stapleton.