- Last Call. Czyzniejewski, Michael // Southern Review;Spring2010, Vol. 46 Issue 2, p279
Presents the short story "Last Call," by Michael Czyzniejewski.
- Making Every Day Count. Strohl, Lydia // Washingtonian Magazine;Mar2007, Vol. 42 Issue 6, p239
The article features Hunter Groninger, medical director for Capital Hospice in the U.S. Groninger graduated from Princeton and La Sorbonne. According to him, he wanted to change the lives of those who are terminally ill by granting their wishes. Capital Hospice provides home care for more than...
- Making rose rounds. // Patient Care;3/15/1996, Vol. 30 Issue 5, p194
Presents information on a medical student's reflections on his inpatient attending rounds. Definition of attending round; Challenge of making patients thrive and blossom; Similarities between patients and roses; Roses effect on patients' spirits and illnesses.
- The Most Forgotten Alien Land. Makari, George J. // Massachusetts Review;Fall2001, Vol. 42 Issue 3, p371
Presents the essay `The Most Forgotten Alien Land.'
- La salle de garde: Bastion of the French lunch hour for junior doctors. Prendergast, Bernard D. // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);12/20/97&12/27/97, Vol. 315 Issue 7123, p1708
Talks about the lunchtime catering arrangements for junior doctors or `internes' in teaching hospitals in Paris, France. Original concept of the `la salle de garde' in the mid-19th century; Retention of original rituals; Ceremonial greetings between `internes'; Proceedings overseen by the...
- Internal medicine (clinical vignettes) & (research). // Clinical & Investigative Medicine;Aug97 Supplement, Vol. 20, pS46
Presents an abstract of the research manuscript `A regional survey of the general internal medicine consultation process,' by R. Hatala et al.
- Medical education. // Clinical & Investigative Medicine;Aug97 Supplement, Vol. 20, pS51
Presents an abstract of the research manuscript `A time-study of on call activities in internal medicine,' by K.A. Myers and A. Palepu.
- Erratum to: Society of General Internal Medicine 34th Annual Meeting, Phoenix, Arizona, May 4-7, 2011. // JGIM: Journal of General Internal Medicine;Oct2011, Vol. 26 Issue 10, p1219
A correction to the article "Society of General Internal Medicine 34th Annual Meeting, Phoenix, Arizona, May 4-7, 2011" that was published in the January 2011 issue is presented.
- Chronic Disease Care: Rearranging the Deck Chairs. Lawrence, David M. // Annals of Internal Medicine;9/20/2005, Vol. 143 Issue 6, p458
Presents an introduction to the September 20, 2005 issue of the journal "Annals of Internal Medicine."