- THE RED GIRL. Kincaid, Jamaica // New Yorker;8/8/83, Vol. 59 Issue 25, p32
Presents the short story "The Red Girl," by Jamaica Kincaid.
- A LOT OF MEMORY: AN INTERVIEW WITH JAMAICA KINCAID. Ferguson, Moira // Kenyon Review;Winter94, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p163
Presents the author's interview with writer Jamaica Kincaid. Inspiration and starting point in writing; Resurgence of black women writers; Mother's influence; Journalism and fiction; Voice of resistance; Caribbean writing tradition.
- 1949. // Antigua & Barbuda: Webster's Timeline History;2009, p6
The article focuses on the birth of Antiguan novelist Jamaica Kincaid on May 25, 1949.
- The rhythm of reality in the works of Jamaica Kincaid. Simmons, Diane // World Literature Today;Summer94, Vol. 68 Issue 3, p466
Focuses on writer Jamaica Kincaid's literary style. Covering of reality as ordinary rhythms of life; Permeation of sense of betrayal in works; Use of manipulate art of rhythm and repetition; Uses of intense personal and psychological methods.
- Kincaid to read at NYU. // New York Amsterdam News;11/12/94, Vol. 85 Issue 46, p24
Reports on Jamaica Kincaid's scheduled reading at New York University's Tishman Auditorium.
- Writes of passage. Edwards, A. // Essence (Essence);May91, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p86
Discusses the literary career of noted Jamaica Kincaid. Reviews Kincaid's books, `Lucy,' `A Small Place,' and `At the Bottom of the River.'
- Jamaica Kincaid: Daring to discomfort. Kreilkamp, Ivan // Publishers Weekly;1/1/1996, Vol. 243 Issue 1, p54
Presents an interview with author Jamaica Kincaid. `Jane Eyre,' by Charlotte Bronte as favorite novel; Comments on apprenticeship into fiction writing; Books written; Family and career background.
- THE KINCAID FILE. // Literary Cavalcade;Feb2001, Vol. 53 Issue 5, p27
Profiles the writer Elaine Potter Richardson, also known as Jamaica Kincaid. Educational background; How Kincaid's work provides a lyrical view of the beauty and pain of life; Departure from Antigua as a teenager to pursue life abroad; Job as a teacher in North Bennington, Vermont.
- Novelist Jamaica Kincaid to read from new book. // New York Amsterdam News;12/11/97, Vol. 88 Issue 50, p34
Reports that acclaimed novelist and memoirist Jamaica Kincaid will visit 1199 Adult Education in Manhattan's Hell's Kitchen. Sponsor of the visit; Book to be discussed by Kincaid.