- Chinua Achebe's `Arrow of God': Ezeulu's response to change. Awuyah, Chris Kwame // College Literature;Oct92-Feb93, Vol. 19/20 Issue 3/1, p214
Analyzes Ezeulu's perception of the sociopolitical dynamism in Umuaro and his conception of his own experience with the colonizer. Chinua Achebe's `Arrow of God'; British colonial rule in eastern Nigeria; Ezeulu's means of confronting the white man; Achebe's characterization of Africa as a...
- Chinua Achebe and `The Voter.' Fagg, William; Levey, David // Lantern;Aug94, Vol. 43 Issue 3, p40
Profiles Chinua Achebe, a best-known novel writer in Africa and in the West. Writing style of Achebe; Brief recollections of the literary works of Achebe; Insights behind each story by Achebe.
- Chinua Achebe: Literary giant of our time. Okoampaahoofe Jr., Kwame // New York Amsterdam News;10/01/98, Vol. 89 Issue 40, p35
Focuses on a biographical study titled `Chinua Achebe' by Ezenwa-Ohaeto. Views on Achebe's novel `Things Fall Apart'; Background information on Achebe; Discussion on his contribution to world literature.
- Africa's great storyteller, Chinua Achebe, on language. Coeyman, Marjorie // Christian Science Monitor;11/16/2000, Vol. 92 Issue 250, p16
Presents information on Nigerian author Chinua Achebe's decision to use the English language in his writing despite his subject matter of European colonialism as a form of oppression in Africa.
- Of many things. P.H.S. // America;10/19/1996, Vol. 175 Issue 11, p2
Profiles professor Chinua Achebe, the recipient of the 1996 Campion Award. Books written; Personal background; Religious beliefs.
- In Memoriam: Chinua Achebe, 1930-2013 Filed in Breaking News, In Memoriam on March 22, 2013. // Journal of Blacks in Higher Education (BruCon Publishing Co.);03/28/2013, p1
An obituary for professor of Africana studies at Brown University and author of the book "Things Fall Apart" Chinua Achebe is presented.
- Chinua Achebe. Williams, Miya // Jet;5/20/2013, Vol. 122 Issue 8, p17
An obituary is presented for author Chinua Achebe.
- Fame and Poverty. Larson, Charles R. // World & I;Oct2000, Vol. 15 Issue 10, p254
Presents information on Nigerian novelist Chinua Achebe. Educational and career background; His fame during the 1960s; Problems encountered with Nigerian publishers.
- 'Father of African Literature,' Chinua Achebe, dead at 82. BOYD, HERB // New York Amsterdam News;3/28/2013, Vol. 104 Issue 13, p35
The article presents an obituary for author Chinua Achebe.