San Diego Tallies OPEBs
- Michigan Counties Survey Shows $3B OPEB Liability. DEVITT, CAITLIN // Bond Buyer;3/2/2011, Vol. 375 Issue 33475, p3
No abstract available.
- As corporations are forced to honor postretirement health benefit promises, a chorus rises... Linder, Debra J. // Journal of Corporation Law;Summer90, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p763
Focuses on the cases which address companies' obligations to provide post-retirement health benefits and the theories of liability adopted by the courts of the United States. Status benefits theory; Breach of fiduciary duties; Federal common law approach; Financial Accounting Standards Board's...
- `Guesstimating' liability: Measuring the OPEB obligation. Pirrong, Gordon D. // National Public Accountant;Feb94, Vol. 39 Issue 2, p16
Reports on accounting of liabilities related to Other Post Employment Benefits (OPEB). Estimation of future spending on health benefits of retirees and all covered dependents, discount obligation to a present value and charge obligations gradually to earnings.
- Buyers Often Overlook Foreign D&O Exposures, Study Finds. Brady, Matt // National Underwriter / P&C;7/7/2008, Vol. 112 Issue 26, p25
The article focuses on the survey regarding the liability risks among the company directors and officers outside the U.S. According to survey conducted by the Towers Perrin, D&O premiums in 2007 declined by an averaged 14 percent last year-an even sharper fall than the 4 percent drop in 2006....
- Investment consulting clients asked to limit firm' liabilities. Anand, Vineeta // Pensions & Investments;10/28/2002, Vol. 30 Issue 22, p2
Reports that Watson Wyatt Worldwide, Towers Perrin and Milliman USA are asking pension fund clients to accept limits on their liability from investment consulting. Reason behind asking for limits of liability; Comments of director of Atlanta office of Watson Wyatt Brian E. Hersey on the issue;...
- ALABAMA: OPEB Trust Fund on Tap. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;12/21/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32533, p31
The article reports on the revelation of state finance director Jim Main to the Public Education Employees Health Insurance Board that plans are in the work to create a trust fund to help pay for retirements benefits in Alabama. Nearly $20 billion in unfunded liabilities for other...
- Performance link with engagement grows. Crawley, Jim // Employee Benefits;Jun2007 Supplement, p7
The article discusses the link between employee engagement and performance in Great Britain. Solid research points to the strong belief by engaged individuals that they have a great influence costs, revenues and the equality of customer service. Furthermore, Tower Perrin is developing an...
- Municipal Issuers Looking for Best Ways to Deal With OPEB Liabilities. Hanson, Matthew // Bond Buyer;9/14/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32713, p7
The article reports that several municipal issuers are looking ways to fund health care liabilities for other post-employment benefits (OPEB) in Carlsbad, California. According to a panel of issuers and other municipal market participants, there is still no method found to address liabilities...
- Tillinghast offers TPA benchmarks. // Business Insurance;02/15/99, Vol. 33 Issue 7, p55
Reports on Tillinghast-Towers Perrin's release of a guidebook that helps employers on the selection of an insurance third-party administrator (TPA). Aim of the guidebook to guide the reader in establishing and maintaining a long-term partnership with a TPA.