Oakland's Flight Plan
- Redevelopment key to restoration. Marcus, Morton // Indianapolis Business Journal;7/10/95, Vol. 16 Issue 15, p7
Opinion. Comments on the need for a comprehensive program of economic redevelopment for an entire area to address the issue of restorations of historic buildings and structures. Importance of historic restorations for community life; Problems of decaying structures evident in the Hoosier towns;...
- Restoration heaven. Agran, Hannah // Cincinnati Magazine;Oct2002, Vol. 36 Issue 1, p54
Focuses on the restoration of the Columbia-Tusculum community in Cincinnati, Ohio. Relocation of the neighborhood to escape flooding; Reestablishment of the Carnegie Center, a community-related arts center; Move of the residents to protect the architectural integrity.
- Lyon Confluence. Bolitho, Andrea // France Today;Jun2010, Vol. 25 Issue 6, p18
The article discusses the architectural design of Lyon's massive Confluence renovation project, that would double the size of France's second city once completed. The renovation project mentions two phases, Phase 1 which began in 2003, and Phase 2 which has started in 2010. Two of Phase 1's most...
- New life for an old fort. Polson, Mary Ellen // Old House Journal;Mar/Apr2000, Vol. 28 Issue 2, p21
Focuses on the redevelopment and conservation of Fort Sheridan's buildings and old houses in Chicago, Illinois.
- CHRISTCHURCH: ARCHITECTURAL NOTES AUGUST 2011. // Architecture New Zealand;Sep/Oct2011, Issue 5, p29
The article presents information related to restoration of the city of Christchurch, New Zealand after the earthquake of February 22, 2011 in architectural terms. It has been informed that Canterbury Earthquake Recovery Minister Gerry Brownlee has the full and final responsibility for the...
- Reconstruction of Basement Rooms in the Building Housing the Philharmonic Musical Society in Saint Petersburg. Mangushev, R. A. // Soil Mechanics & Foundation Engineering;May2001, Vol. 38 Issue 3, p92
Inspection results and design solutions are cited for the reconstruction and deepening of basement rooms in the building housing the Philharmonic Musical Society. Design and production solutions are presented for the installation of injection anchors and waterproofing of basement rooms.
- FLORIDA: One Ballpark,Three Plans. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;3/20/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32840, p9
The article reports on the redevelopment proposal of the Tropicana Field received by the officials of Saint Petersburg in Florida. According to the author, the project is part of Tampa Bay Rays's initiative to establish a new $450 million, 35,000 seat capacity ballpark. Moreover, William Quarter...
- 10 things you didn't know about Malta. Wyatt, Christy // Conference & Incentive Travel;May2010, p75
The article offers information on opportunities provided by Malta to groups who are determined to find the best of the island. A range of revamped venues is offered by the island providing views of Marsalforn valley, the ancient Citadel in Victoria and the rolling hills that characterize the...
- Saint Andrews Estates South. // Long-Term Living: For the Continuing Care Professional;Mar2009 Design, p27
The article provides updates on the renovation and expansion of Florida-based Saint Andrews Estates South to protect the community from hurricanes by THW Design. The project's design team and owner have consulted the city board official for the zoning review and approval, and have chosen a...