CALIFORNIA: $720M on the Syllabus
- OREGON: Voters Give Nod to $338M. Ward, Andrew // Bond Buyer;5/23/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32885, p7
The article reports on the approval granted by Oregon voters of $338 million of general obligation bonds in local elections. The bonds will fund the construction of an $80 million high school for 1,400 students, a $20 million elementary school for 600 students and $10 million of repairs and...
- Arizona Governor Wants State to Issue Bonds to Finance School Construction. Victory, Darren // Bond Buyer;11/9/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31262, p3
Reports on the proposal of the governor of Arizona Jane Dee Hull to issue revenue bonds over next two years under a contingency plan that allows the state to issue bonds for school construction. Reason behind the plans of the governor; Reaction of lawmakers and public on the plan; Impact of the...
- OREGON: Win Some, Lose Some. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;11/9/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31262, p35
Reports on the approval of $47.8 million general obligation (GO) bond measure by the voters in Bend-La Pine School District in Deschutes County, Oregon on Tuesday November 6, 2001 which will be used to finance different projects related to schools in the region. Decision of voters on other GOs;...
- Texas Issuers to Put Over $4B In Front of Voters on May 13. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;3/15/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32339, p36
The article reports that Texas voters will decide over the municipal bond volumes that worth more than 4 billion dollars during the May 13, 2006 elections in Dallas. The majority of bond proceeds will be used to finance schools and land acquisitions. Another bond question presented was the 198...
- Delayed Deal OK'd. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;10/18/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32240, p31
Reports on the approval granted by voters of a multi-million dollar bond package to fund new elementary school, additional classrooms and purchase of library books in La Porte, Texas.
- Voters Face School GOs. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;8/22/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32450, p27
The article reports on the scheduled voting for the requested $25 million general obligation bond package of the Farmington Municipal School District No.5 in New Mexico. On August 29, 2006, voters in the Four Corners-area district will be voting for the consideration of the request that aims to...
- Arizona House votes to curb schools' GO debt authority. Berkman, Leslie // Bond Buyer;03/25/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30358, p1
Reports on the approval of a proposal in the Arizona House to remove general obligation (GO) bonding authority from local school districts and have the state assume total responsibility for funding school construction and renovation. Arizona's local GOs for schools from 1988 to 1997.
- BILLION-DOLLAR BILLS. McKee, Joseph V. // Saturday Evening Post;3/26/1932, Vol. 204 Issue 39, p34
Discusses the bonded debt structure of New York City. Capstone of the funded debt of the city that is payable in 2147 A.D.; Total amount of the bonded debt of the city on January 1, 1931; Provisions of the city budget for paying its debt and for education.
- Targeting Voters in a School Bond Election. MILDER, SCOTT R. // School Administrator;Mar2011, Vol. 68 Issue 3, p38
The article discusses school finance, particular school bond elections and voter targeting. The Belton Independent School District in Belton, Texas successfully used election planning to conduct voter research that helped them to identify the voters that they needed to reach out to. A list of...