Continuing Week's Zigzag, Prices Head North
- Credit calendar . // Bond Buyer;1/11/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31302, p33
Presents schedule of events related to the U.S. bond market from January 14 to January 18, 2002. Plans to announce the consumer price figures for December 2001 by the Labor Department; Schedule to release retail sales figures for December 2001 by the Commerce Department.
- From the TM3 wire. Nicholson, Jonathan // Bond Buyer;04/30/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30383, p2
Focuses on the status of primary bonds markets in various American states as of April 1998. Immunity of New Jersey market from deals flooding other states; Criticism of the Consumer Price Index's reform done by the US Bureau of Labor Statistics; Decline of single-family home sales in Washington...
- International statistics. // Economic Indicators;Sep97, p35
Presents major industrial countries' statistics of industrial production and consumer prices within the inclusive period from 1987 to August 1997. US international trade in goods and services; US international transactions.
- Director's Message. Landefeld, J. Steven // Survey of Current Business;Nov2007, Vol. 87 Issue 11, piii
The article discusses various reports published within the issue including one on the Consumer Price Index from the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) and the Personal Consumption Expenditures price index from the Bureau of Economic Analysis (BEA), and another on the new gross domestic product...
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Ferris, Craig T.; Siegel, Gary E.; Newman, Emily; Smith, Aaron T. // Bond Buyer;5/19/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31638, p2
Presents news items related to developments in the U.S. bond market as of May 19, 2003. Decline in consumer price index in April; Percentage increase in issuance of private-housing permits; Increase in the University of Michigan's preliminary May consumer sentiment index.
- FROM THE TM3 WIRE. Kinnander, Ola; Floyd, Daniel F.; Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;09/18/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30977, p2
Reports developments related to the bond market in the United States as of September 2000. Decline in the overall consumer price index; Increase in business inventories according to Commerce Department data; Details on industrial production and capacity utilization rate.
- Munis Gain as Treasuries Rally On Deep Plunge in Stock Prices. Monsarrat, Sean // Bond Buyer;7/22/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31432, p2
Reports bond market developments in the U.S. as of July 2002. Increase marketing activity for municipal bonds; Decline of government earnings report; Growth of the consumer price index.
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Vadum, Matthew; Ferris, Craig T. // Bond Buyer;05/17/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31141, p2
Reports developments related to bonds and bond markets in Washington, D.C. as of May 2001. Report of the Labor Department on the increase of consumer prices; Decrease of permit rates for private housing; Efforts of the Treasury Department to buy back outstanding issues maturing between November...
- UK inflation sees surprise drop to 2.2%. Jackson, Gary // Fundweb;11/12/2013, p13
The article reveals that inflation in England as measured by the consumer prices index dropped to 2.2 percent in October 2013 to reach a 13-month low.