After Increase in National Debt limit, SLGS Are Back on Sale
- SOUTHWEST INVISIBLE SUPPLY. // Bond Buyer;11/15/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32259, p34
Presents a chart depicting invisible supply of government securities in Southwestern U.S. states as of November 15, 2005.
- Calendar. // Bond Buyer;3/17/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32341, p13
The article presents a list of government securities issued in the U.S. from February 27-March 17, 2006. The list includes Metropolitan Water District Southern California, the state of Delaware, Missouri Housing Development Commission, State of Wisconsin Capital Finance, and Commonwealth of...
- Results of Negotiated Sales. // Bond Buyer;3/17/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32341, p14
The article presents a list of negotiated sales of government securities in the U.S. The list includes Willcox Municipal Property Corp., Conway Public Services Board, Connecticut Health and Educational Facilities Authority, Contra Costa County, and Hawaii Department of Budget and Finance.
- Let's Keep Government Credit Good. // Saturday Evening Post;10/28/1939, Vol. 212 Issue 18, p22
The article focuses on issues that would affect the credit of the U.S. government in 1939. It said that there was an increase in public debt incurred by the government from the implementation of peacetime policies. A specialized organization was designated by the U.S. Treasury to sell...
- Fitch: Upgrades Exceed Downgrades for Sixth Straight Quarter. // Bond Buyer;10/29/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34402, p1
During the third quarter of 2015 and for the sixth straight quarter, U.S. public finance rating upgrades outnumbered downgrades, according to Fitch Ratings.
- THE PUBLIC DEBT AND THE UNITED STATES. // Congressional Digest;Jan1940, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p8
The article focuses on the public debt of the U.S. as of January 1940. The U.S. Congress has not, in any specific act, fixed a debt limit as such, but in enacting legislation authorizing the issue of bonds or securities for various purposes, it has in each instance fixed the amount of money to...
- Results of Competitive Sales. // Bond Buyer;8/24/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32452, p22
The article presents a listing of results of competitive sales of government securities in the U.S. as of August 24, 2006. These include general obligation bond anticipation notes issued by Groton City, Connecticut, school building revenue bonds issued by Meade County School District Finance...
- Munis Quiet, Unchanged at Start of Short Week. Scarchilli, Michael; Posner, Matthew // Bond Buyer;11/21/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32513, p2
The article describes the status of the municipal bond market in the U.S. as of November 20, 2006. A trader in New York City said that the market was quiet and unchanged during the day as participants prepare themselves into a holiday-shortened workweek. Among the deals were the one from the...
- IN BRIEF. Siegel, Gary E.; Smith, Nicole M. // Bond Buyer;11/21/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32513, p2
The article offers news briefs related to the municipal bond market in the U.S. The Conference Board reported an increase in the composite index of leading economic indicators in October 2006. The Treasury Department has announced its intent to sell $26 billion of four-week discount bills on...