Sexually inappropriate behaviour in demented elderly people
- A Man with Urethral Polyembolokoilamania Successfully Treated with Electroconvulsive Therapy. Ingves, Matthew; Lau, Timothy; Fedoroff, J.; Levine, Sharon // Archives of Sexual Behavior;Aug2014, Vol. 43 Issue 6, p1203
Polyembolokoilamania is the act of inserting foreign objects into bodily orifices and can be classified as a paraphilia if done for sexual pleasure. Although problematic sexual behaviors are common in dementia, the majority of case reports of urethral polyembolokoilamania in the elderly have...
- Inappropriate Sexual Behavior in Dementia: A Review of the Treatment Literature. Harris, Lance; Wier, Monna // Sexuality & Disability;Sep1998, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p205
Research concerning the treatment of sexually inappropriate behavior in individuals with dementia, and information concerning the treatment of those problems is not abundant. The reasons for this relative neglect are many, but the discomfort caregivers feel in discussing sexual difficulties and...
- Sexuality and Intimacy in Alzheimer's Patients and Their Partners. Davies, Helen D.; Zeiss, Antonette M.; Shea, Elizabeth A.; Tinklenberg, Jared R. // Sexuality & Disability;Sep1998, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p193
Geriatric Sexuality remains one of the more sensitive and controversial issues to be confronted in today's clinical setting. Research indicates that older adults continue to be sexually active well into later life. Older adults with dementing illnesses experience deleterious changes in sexual...
- TABOO AND THE 'TOYBOY'. Downey, Judy // Community Care;2/27/2003, Issue 1461, p46
Presents a case study of a nursing home patient with dementia and who may have been injured by her partner during sex. Medical history of the patient; Responses of health workers; Issues raised by the case.
- SEXUALITY AND DEMENTIA. Wornell, Douglas P. // Today's Geriatric Medicine;Mar/Apr2014, Vol. 7 Issue 2, p26
The article discusses the association between sexuality and dementia in older adults. It notes that age is the number one risk factor for several medical conditions, like Alzheimer's disease, Lewy body disease and Pick's disease. The author suggests the need for partners, family members, and...
- What kind of love is this? McLean, Athena H. // Sciences;Sep/Oct94, Vol. 34 Issue 5, p36
Argues for greater freedom for nursing home patients with dementia regarding sexual relationships. Case study of a relationship between two elderly patients; Introduction of the notion of `personhood'; Overemphasis of medical ethicists on the cognitive ability of patients; Limitations of...
- Sex at a certain age. Gossett, Hattie // Essence (Essence);Jul93, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p65
Points out that sex can still be enjoyed or even gets better after the age of 50. Erotic impulse and age; Safe sex; Sexually transmitted diseases; Sex beyond 60; The art of masturbation.
- Sexuality in later life. // Executive Health's Good Health Report;Jan1998, Vol. 34 Issue 4, p6
Examines issues affecting sexuality in older people. Changes in sexuality affecting the aging process; Problems affecting sexuality in older men; Other factors affecting.
- Survey Says Age Doesn't Deter Sex Life Of Older Americans. // Jet;08/23/99, Vol. 96 Issue 12, p27
Reports that a survey conducted by the American Association of Retired Persons (AARP) indicates that age does not deter the sex life of older Americans.