Supplement: 2002 Canadian sexually transmitted infections surveillance report
- The "other" STDs: As dangerous as ever. McElhose, Priscilla // RN;Jun88, Vol. 51 Issue 6, p52
Focuses on the symptoms of sexually transmitted diseases. Chlamydia; Gonorrhea; Syphilis. INSET: STDs in pregnancy: Effects on the baby.
- STDs RISE IN ENGLAND. Wockner, Rex // Bay Windows;6/1/2000, pN.PAG
Reports on an increase in the incidence of chlamydia, gonorrhea and syphilis in England in 2000. Number of syphilis cases in Manchester in 1999; Implication of the rise in transmission of such diseases for society.
- sexÂ·uÂ·alÂ·ly transmitted disease. // American Heritage Student Science Dictionary;2009, p308
A definition of the term "sexually transmitted disease" is presented. It refers to any of various diseases, such as chlamydia, gonorrhea, and syphilis, that are transmitted through sexual intercourse or other intimate sexual contact.
- Baton Rouge ranks No. 25 for STD cases. // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);12/10/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 21, p25
The article reports that Louisiana has ranked in the top 15 states in sexually transmitted diseases (STD) cases claims by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. These STD cases include syphilis, gonorrhea, and chlamydia. The country has the highest rate of primary and secondary syphilis...
- STI management and control in North America IUSTI region. Gaydos, Charlotte A // Sexually Transmitted Infections;Dec2011 Supplement, p2
The article reports on sexually transmitted infection (STI) management in North America in 2011. It mentions that about 19 million new cases occur annually in the U.S. Cases of chlamydia, gonorrhea and infectious syphilis have risen between 1997 and 2007 in Canada. It says that U.S. youth,...
- Sexually transmitted diseases in Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia. Schwebke, J. R.; Aira, T.; Jordan, N.; Jolly, P. E.; Vermund, S. H. // International Journal of STD & AIDS;Jun1998, Vol. 9 Issue 6, p354
Although human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) rates are increasing rapidly in Asia, a full understanding of the extent of other sexually transmitted diseases (STDs) in many of these areas is lacking. There have been anecdotes of rising rates of STDs in Mongolia, a country thus far relatively...
- Sexually Transmitted Infections: Protect yourself. // Charlotte Post;4/21/2011, Vol. 36 Issue 32, p1B
The article discusses the symptoms of other known sexually transmitted infections (STI) or sexually transmitted diseases (STD), aside from HIV/AIDS. STI are defined as infections that any sexually active person can contract through engaging in vaginal, oral or anal sex. STD discussed include...
- Comparative Geographic Concentrations of 4 Sexually Transmitted Infections. Kerani, Roxanne P.; Handcock, Mark S.; Handsfield, H. Hunter; Holmes, King K. // American Journal of Public Health;Feb2005, Vol. 95 Issue 2, p324
Objectives. We measured and compared the concentration of primary and secondary syphilis, gonorrhea, chlamydial infection, and genital herpes in a large county with urban, suburban, and rural settings. Methods. We geocoded sexually transmitted infections reported to King County, Washington...
- Rising rates. // Echo Magazine;11/17/2005, Vol. 17 Issue 5, p53
Highlights the prevalence rating of several sexually transmitted diseases in the U.S. in 2005. Decline in the cases of gonorrhea; Increase in chlamydia rate; Primary cause of a rise in syphilis cases.