Defense of Marriage Act: Update to Prior Report: GAO-04-353R
- Bigamists meet polygamists: Confronting the popular image of bigamists in Canadian society. M�thot, M�lanie // History of the Family (Elsevier Science);2007, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p169
Abstract: In 1985, the Canadian Law Reform Commission recommended to keep both polygamy and bigamy as criminal offences. Its rational to still outlaw polygamy rested on the grounds that such an accommodation would support patriarchal religious practices denigrating women, while bigamy as a...
- Marriage and Motherhood. // America;3/12/1910, Vol. 2 Issue 22, p590
The author reflects on the article "A Catholic Mother" in the February 1910 issue of "Ladies' Home Journal," in which an anonymous woman answers her own question of why she did not become a mother. The author describes this woman a pleasure-loving creature trying to cover criminal dereliction of...
- Demise of Ken & Barbie: Is divorce on the horizon? McCurley, Mary Johnson // Fort Worth Business Press;4/2/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 14, p22
Discusses the establishment of common-law marriage in Texas. Requirements for common-law marriage; Ways to prove a couple's intention to be married; Conditions where direct evidence of an agreement to be married is unnecessary.
- `I told you so.' Weissenstein, Eric // Modern Healthcare;1/17/97, Vol. 27 Issue 46, p2
Criticizes the unpublicized draft report of the General Accounting Office of the United States. Criticism on the insufficient advice of parties to community concerning charitable assets; Hospital conversion issues acknowledged in the report; Reason why the draft report was not released.
- DISTRESS AND DIVORCE: ESTABLISHING CUTOFF SCORES FOR THE MARITAL STATUS INVENTORY. Whiting, Jason B.; Crane, D. Russell // Contemporary Family Therapy: An International Journal;Jun2003, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p195
This study was designed to identify Marital Status Inventory (MSI) scores that could be used as cutoff points for degrees of marital distress. Cutoff scores are useful in clinical work as a way to estimate degrees of marital distress, differentiate couples for treatments, and to provide...
- Rechtsnatur, Rechtsgrund und Zurechnungselement der Unterhaltsbeziehungen zwischen geschiedenen Ehegatten nach dem 1. Gesetz zur Reform des Ehe- und Familienrechts Schumacher, Klaus // Zeitschrift fï¿½r Sozialreform;nov1976, Vol. 22 Issue 11, p641
The article explicates in detail the contents and ramifications of Das Erste Gesetz zur Reform des Ehe- und Familienrechts (1. EheRG - First Law for the Reform of Marriage and Family Law). The author focuses on the legal provisions dealing with the duties of maintaining a spousal livelihood in...
- Marriage: Legal Status or Personal Relationship? Mair, Jane // Edinburgh Law Review;Jan2007, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p117
The article offers a look on the validity of marriage requirements under the Scot law. The law requires the free exchange of consent in order to form a valid marriage. Questions of validity arise where one or both of the parties in a marriage ceremony speak words of consent with an implicit...
- THE MATRIMONIAL AGREEMENT CHANGE. ANITEI, Nadia Cerasela // Valahia University Law Study;2012, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p27
In terms of the matrimonial agreement change we will have to distinguish between changing the agreement concluded prior to marriage and the change of the agreement concluded during marriage1. According to art.336 of the new Civil Code the matrimonial agreement may be amended before the...
- Judge hears arguments on bid to legitimize polygamy. // Gay & Lesbian Times;8/12/2004, Issue 868, p29
Looks into the issue of whether or not polygamy must be legitimized in Texas. Discussion of the facts of the case between a husband and his three wives; Reference to a similar case in the state; Views of people regarding the practice of polygamy.