Stevens-Johnson Syndrome After Immunization With Smallpox, Anthrax, and Tetanus Vaccines
- Teen vaccine coverage needs improvement. // Contemporary Pediatrics;Aug2008, Vol. 25 Issue 8, p17
The article discusses a report on the health care system in the U.S. published in the August 2008 issue of the "American Journal of Preventive Medicine." According to the report by the Adolescent Working Group of the National Vaccine Advisory Committee, the health care system in the country is...
- A handout about tetanus immunisation: influence on immunisation rate in general practice. Cates, Christopher // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);3/24/90, Vol. 300 Issue 6727, p789
Discusses the influence of handouts about tetanus on the rate of immunization in Hertfordshire, England. Improvement of preventive services; Change of consultations and consulting habits of doctors; Implementation of health promotion strategy.
- Tetanus: Still A Killer. // Executive Health's Good Health Report;
States that adults should have a tetanus booster because the immune-system response to tetanus bacteria declines with age.
- Immunity to Diphtheria and Tetanus in the United States. McQuillan, G.M.; Kruszon-Moran, D.; Deforest, A.; Chu, S.Y.; Wharton, M. // Annals of Internal Medicine;5/7/2002, Vol. 136 Issue 9, pI-30
Examines the immunity to diphtheria and tetanus in the U.S. Evaluation of antibody in the blood; Comparison between men and women; Influence of low income and previous military service.
- Immunizations against bioterrorism: Smallpox and anthrax. Margolis, Amanda R.; Grabenstein, John D. // Journal of the American Pharmacists Association: JAPhA;Jul/Aug2009, Vol. 49 Issue 4, p566
The article focuses on immunization against the bioterrorism weapons smallpox and anthrax. It notes that immunization can serve a key role in limiting the impact of a biological attack. It notes that vaccination for smallpox may elicit the risk of adverse reactions for people vaccinated and for...
- Producers Uncertain About Viability Of Developing Vaccines. Webb, Marion // San Diego Business Journal;11/19/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 47, p13
Reports the apprehensions of vaccine producers for anthrax and smallpox. Budget granted by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to a British vaccine manufacturer Acambis; Efficacy of the existing vaccines; List of pharmaceutical company producing vaccines.
- Vaccines become a sticking point in defending the public. Spake, Amanda // U.S. News & World Report;11/5/2001, Vol. 131 Issue 19, p44
Reports that doctors and health officials in the United States are looking into vaccines in light of the threat of bioterrorism. Intent to manufacture a smallpox vaccine before the end of the year; Announcement that the government will vaccinate investigators, decontamination workers, and...
- Adult Immunizations. // FDA Consumer;Sep/Oct2002, Vol. 36 Issue 5, p14
Discusses certain immunizations that adults should ask their health-care provider about. Tetanus and diptheria vaccines; Protection against measles, mumps, and rubella; Chickenpox; Others.
- Anthrax Vaccine Immunization Program Resumed by DoD. // Military Medicine;Spring2004 Supplement, p2
Reports on the recommencement of the anthrax and smallpox immunization program of the U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) in January 2004. Purpose of the program according to Army Colonel John D. Grabenstein, deputy director of clinical operations for the Military Vaccine Agency; Number of people...