Imports taking ever larger slice of UK furniture market
- Furniture discounts prompt inflation fall. // Cabinet Maker;8/17/2007, Issue 5551, p3
The article reports on a survey addressing furniture discounts in Great Britain in July 2007. According to the British National Statistics, record furniture price cuts in the month have led to a drop in inflation. A major downward contribution came from furniture and furnishings, with average...
- Rate rise could sour August boost. // Cabinet Maker;9/22/2006, Issue 5506, p6
The article reports that growth in furniture and lighting sales for August 2006 rose by five percent compared with the same period in the previous year in Great Britain. The increase in trade will be a boost for the industry as furniture and lighting did well compared with household goods as a...
- More discounts. // Cabinet Maker;2/18/2005, Issue 5426, p5
Reports on the statistics cited by the National Statistics about the price cuts in furniture in Great Britain. Average decrease in furniture prices; Effect of the price reductions on the overall retail inflation rate.
- Sales trends shift seasons. // Cabinet Maker;10/26/2007, Issue 5561, p6
The article reports on the sales performance of the furniture industry in Great Britain as of September 2007. According to the British National Statistics, furniture and lighting sales dropped 2.6%, while retail sales increased 4.6% in September compared to the same month of 2006. The sharp...
- Firms discount hard for sales. // Cabinet Maker;2/29/2008, Issue 5577, p6
The article reports developments concerning the sales of furniture and lighting in Great Britain for January 2008. The National Statistics' figures show sales of furniture and lighting amounted to Â£941.7m, compared with Â£772m in 2007. The report notes that January 2008 was a five-week...
- Londoners are the biggest spenders on furniture. // Cabinet Maker;2/27/2004, Issue 5377, p6
Focuses on the "Family Spending" report by the British National Statistics. Londoners as the biggest spenders on furniture; Furniture spending of those in the North East of England.
- Disappointing second quarter sales. // Cabinet Maker;10/3/2003, Issue 5358, p5
Reports on the decline in the sales of furniture and furnishings market in Great Britain. Revision of the figures of the National Statistics for the first quarter; Decline suffered by the household textiles market; Sales performance of floor coverings.
- Furniture inflation up again. // Cabinet Maker;11/16/2007, Issue 5564, p3
The article presents facts related to inflation for the furnishings sector released by the Great Britain National Statistics as of October 2007. It states that inflation for the furniture industry increased by 2.5% in October, completing the fourth consecutive monthly increase. The inflation...
- May trade increases. // Cabinet Maker;6/23/2006, Issue 5493, p4
The article reports that the retail sales in furniture and lighting were up in May 2006 compared to the same month in 2005, in reference to the report released by the Great Britain National Statistics in June 2006. The trade from the two sectors in May 2006 was worth Â£723 million, which...