- Increases in litigation, insurance costs prompt calls for Australian tort reform. Tilley, Kate; Tomlinson, Damien // Business Insurance;2/4/2002, Vol. 36 Issue 5, p29
Focuses on the actions made by risk managers, insurers and government minister on the rising public liability insurance premiums in Australia. Introduction of liability cap to a no-fault compensation program; Emphasis of the premiums and compensation payouts; Replacements of policies and...
- Vietnam: Premium income rose 22% to US$853 min 1H. // Asia Insurance Review;Sep2011, p47
The article reports on the 22% increase in insurance premium income at 853 million U.S. dollars in Vietnam in the first half of 2011.
- Rate hikes proposed. CENICEROS, ROBERTO; HARRISON, SHEENA // Business Insurance;8/20/2012, Vol. 46 Issue 33, p03
The article reports on the move by the Workers Compensation Insurance Rating Bureau of California to recommend a 12.6% increase in the average pure premium rate for new and renewing policies on January 1, 2013.
- Cambodia: Insurance premiums rise by 21% in 1H. // Asia Insurance Review;Sep2014, p24
The article reports that total insurance premiums in Cambodia in the first half of 2014 increased by 21 percent compared to 2013 to almost 27 million dollars.
- Jordan: Premiums Grew 15% to US$363.9 Mln in Sept. // MiddleEast Insurance Review;Nov2008, p12
The article reports on the gross insurance premium in Jordan. It is inferred that the premiums in the Jordanian market increased by 15% to US$363.9 million by the end of September 2008. The region's general insurance premiums grew by 14% year-on-year to US$325.7 million and life insurance...
- UAE: Premiums to rise for bad drivers. // MiddleEast Insurance Review;Feb2014, p14
The article reports that several insurers in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) have begun charging motor insurance premiums based on drivers' traffic records.
- Algeria: Premiums grew by more than 10% in 2013. // MiddleEast Insurance Review;Feb2014, p11
The article offers information on the media reports citing data from the National Insurance Council which reveals that Algeria's insurance market collected gross premiums of US$1.4 billion.
- Egypt: Premiums grow 11% in 9M. // MiddleEast Insurance Review;Jul/Aug2014, p17
The article reports on an 11% year-on-year increase in total premiums in Egypt for the nine months from July 1, 2013 to March 2014.
- Qatar: Auto premiums to more than double by 2019. // MiddleEast Insurance Review;Dec2015, p24
The article predicts that motor vehicle premiums in Qatar will increase from 1.06 billion dollars in 2015 to 2.6 billion dollars in 2019, according to BMI Research, a unit of the Fitch Group.