- cervicitis. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p413
A definition of the term "cervicitis," which refers to the inflammation of the cervix uteri, is presented.
- cervicocolpitis. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p413
A definition of the term "cervicocolpitis," which refers to the inflammation of the cervix uteri and vagina, is presented.
- Primary Pigmented Neuroectodermal Tumor of the Uterine Cervix. Sobel, N.; Carcangiu, M. L. // International Journal of Surgical Pathology;Jul1994, Vol. 2 Issue 1, p31
A primary pigmented neuroectodermal tumor of the uterine cervix is described. The patient was 57 years old when she presented with vaginal bleeding. She underwent total abdominal hysterectomy with bilateral salpingo-oophorectomy and pelvic lymphadenectomy, followed by chemotherapy....
- cervicectomy. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p413
A definition of the term "cervictomy," which refers to the extraction of the cervix uteri by surgical means, is presented.
- koilocytotic atypia. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p1275
A definition of the medical term "koilocytotic atypia," which refers to a condition characterized by abnormality of the superficial layers of the epithelium of the uterine cervix, is presented.
- trachelitis. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p2346
A definition of the term "trachelitis," which refers to inflammation of the mucous membrane of the cervix uteri, is presented.
- Comparison of Incident Cervical and Vulvar/Vaginal Human Papillomavirus Infections in Newly Sexually Active Young Women. Winer, Rachel L.; Hughes, James P.; Qinghua Feng; O'Reilly, Sandra; Kiviat, Nancy B.; Koutsky, Laura A. // Journal of Infectious Diseases;3/15/2009, Vol. 199 Issue 6, p815
Vulvar/vaginal human papillomavirus (HPV) infections may precede cervical infections, and certain low-risk types may display vaginal tropism. We evaluated whether incident infections in young women display site-specific preferences by HPV-risk group or phylogenetic species. Although incident...
- Ex Vivo Models of HIV Sexual Transmission and Microbicide Development. Ari�n, Kevin K.; Kyongo, Jordan K.; Vanham, Guido // Current HIV Research;Jan2012, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p73
Here, we review the armamentarium on in vitro/ex vivo models of HIV sexual transmission and discuss how these models can be applied to study candidate microbicides.
- Cervicovaginal involvement in pemphigus vulgaris: a clinical study of 77 cases. // Current Medical Literature: Gynecology & Obstetrics;2008, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p93
The article discusses research being done on the involvement of vulva, vagina and cervix on the development of pemphigus vulgaris (PV). It references a study by M. Akhyani and colleagues, published in the 2008 issue of the "British Journal of Dermatology." The study included 77 female who were...