- cervicitis. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p413
A definition of the term "cervicitis," which refers to the inflammation of the cervix uteri, is presented.
- cervicocolpitis. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p413
A definition of the term "cervicocolpitis," which refers to the inflammation of the cervix uteri and vagina, is presented.
- Primary Pigmented Neuroectodermal Tumor of the Uterine Cervix. Sobel, N.; Carcangiu, M. L. // International Journal of Surgical Pathology;Jul1994, Vol. 2 Issue 1, p31
A primary pigmented neuroectodermal tumor of the uterine cervix is described. The patient was 57 years old when she presented with vaginal bleeding. She underwent total abdominal hysterectomy with bilateral salpingo-oophorectomy and pelvic lymphadenectomy, followed by chemotherapy....
- cervicectomy. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p413
A definition of the term "cervictomy," which refers to the extraction of the cervix uteri by surgical means, is presented.
- koilocytotic atypia. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p1275
A definition of the medical term "koilocytotic atypia," which refers to a condition characterized by abnormality of the superficial layers of the epithelium of the uterine cervix, is presented.
- trachelitis. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p2346
A definition of the term "trachelitis," which refers to inflammation of the mucous membrane of the cervix uteri, is presented.
- Ex Vivo Models of HIV Sexual Transmission and Microbicide Development. Ari�n, Kevin K.; Kyongo, Jordan K.; Vanham, Guido // Current HIV Research;Jan2012, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p73
Here, we review the armamentarium on in vitro/ex vivo models of HIV sexual transmission and discuss how these models can be applied to study candidate microbicides.
- Hypertrophic cervical elongation: clinical and histological correlations. Ibeanu, Okechukwu A.; Chesson, Ralph R.; Sandquist, Dane; Perez, Javier; Santiago, Kerri; Nolan, Thomas E. // International Urogynecology Journal;Aug2010, Vol. 21 Issue 8, p995
The objective of this study is to define the diagnosis of hypertrophic cervical elongation clinically and to perform histochemical and histological evaluations of patients with and without hypertrophic cervical elongation. This prospective study was conducted at Louisiana State University...
- Comparison of Incident Cervical and Vulvar/Vaginal Human Papillomavirus Infections in Newly Sexually Active Young Women. Winer, Rachel L.; Hughes, James P.; Qinghua Feng; O'Reilly, Sandra; Kiviat, Nancy B.; Koutsky, Laura A. // Journal of Infectious Diseases;3/15/2009, Vol. 199 Issue 6, p815
Vulvar/vaginal human papillomavirus (HPV) infections may precede cervical infections, and certain low-risk types may display vaginal tropism. We evaluated whether incident infections in young women display site-specific preferences by HPV-risk group or phylogenetic species. Although incident...