- SPOTLIGHT CAREERS IN MICROBIOLOGY. Bodach, Vijaya Khisty // Odyssey;Feb2007, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p36
The article profiles several microbiologists including Patrick Duffy, Michael Kahn and Sharon Strobel.
- Dining al fresco. // Archaeology;May/Jun96, Vol. 49 Issue 3, p29
Reports that a warning that microorganisms are eating into the Buddhist frescoes and sculpture, has come from a microbiologist from the Government College of Arts and Science in Aurangabad, India. Location of the Buddhist frescoes and sculpture.
- Professor Sir Howard Dalton FRS: (8th February 1944-12th January 2008). Murrell, Colin // Science Progress;Dec2008, Vol. 91 Issue 4, p397
An obituary for British professor and microbiologist Howard Dalton is presented.
- Alfalfa sprouts get new sanitizing treatment. Dowdy, Sharon // Western Farm Press;2/19/2011, Vol. 33 Issue 6, p19
The article reports on the new method in making the fresh alfalfa sprouts safer to eat by soaking seeds in a solution to kill pathogens which was developed by Michael Doyle and Tong Zhao, microbiologists of the University of Georgia.
- CAVE WOMAN. Ebersole, Rene // Current Science;3/22/2002, Vol. 87 Issue 14, p4
Focuses on the exploratory work of microbiologist Hazel Barton of hunting extremophiles in different caves. Exploration of an ice cave in Greenland; Purposed of the descent; Profile of Barton.
- Under the microscope. Cattermole, Oliver // Food Manufacture;Dec2000, Vol. 75 Issue 12, p34
Profiles Alec Kyriakides, a microbiologist and recipient of the Foodtech Award in Great Britain. Insistence of Kyriakides on building microbiology into manufacturing processes; Job responsibility as company microbiologist at Sainsbury; Contribution of Kyriakides in improving health of the nation.
- 19-Dr John Smith (1892-1976). Howie, James // British Medical Journal (Clinical Research Edition);8/29/1987, Vol. 295 Issue 6697, p542
Presents an obituary for microbiologist John Smith who died in 1976 in Great Britain.
- Suspended doctors. Beecham, Linda // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);5/4/91, Vol. 302 Issue 6784, p1042
Reports the suspension of six senior doctors by Trent Regional Health Authority. Emphasis on microbiologist Royce Darnell case; Names of the suspended doctors; Details on the accusations faced by the doctors.
- Andre Gratia: A Forerunner in Microbial and Viral Genetics. Gratia, Jean-Pierre; Crow, James F. // Genetics;Oct2000, Vol. 156 Issue 2, p471
Focuses on the contributions of Belgian microbiologist Andre Gratia to microbial and viral genetics. Relevance of microbiology in the development of molecular genetics; Account on Gratia's series of observations on bacteriophagy; Published works; Role of Gratia in the discovery of the...