Episcopal Church Liturgical Colors and Calendar, 2008-2012
- Should the Episcopal Church disappear?: Reflections on the decade of evangelism. Shattuck Jr., Gardiner H. // Anglican Theological Review;Spring91, Vol. 73 Issue 2, p177
No abstract available.
- WOMEN PRIESTS IN THE EPISCOPAL CHURCH: A CLUSTER ANALYSIS OF ESTABLISHMENT RHETORIC. Foss, Sonja K. // Religious Communication Today;Sep1984, Vol. 7, p1
This portion of a poem by Alla Bozarth Campbell, written after her "irregular ordination" as a priest in the Episcopal Church on July 29, 1974, summarizes the challenge to the Church and its response concerning a major tenet of its belief system that women should not be priests. The irregular...
- Falling Apart. LeBlanc, Douglas // Christianity Today;Aug2006, Vol. 50 Issue 8, p51
The article focuses on the influence of decisions made at the recent General Convention of the Episcopal Church in the U.S. on the division of the church. It has been voted by the vestry of the Christ Church to leave the denomination following the convention. It says that the convention...
- Gay-friendly church celebrates 150 years. Hemmelgarn, Seth // Bay Area Reporter;11/15/2007, Vol. 37 Issue 46, p17
The article reports on the gay-friendly church that celebrates 150 years in San Francisco, California. It is stated that the Episcopal Church of St. John the Evangelist, who welcomes the GLBT community for more than three decades will celebrate its 150th anniversary. As part of the celebration,...
- Diocese dissolves church that protested gay bishop. // Gay & Lesbian Times;12/1/2005, Issue 936, p36
The article reports that the diocese has agreed to dissolve All Saints Episcopal Church in suburban Rochester, New York and transfer its property and other assets to diocese trustees. The diocese dissolves the church because it refused to pay more than 16,000 dollars it owed. The church refused...
- What's hot and not in Episcopal church names. Dart, John // Christian Century;6/1/2004, Vol. 121 Issue 11, p14
Deals with the popular names of Episcopal churches in the U.S. Number of churches named with the word Christ, Saint John or Trinity; Names of disciples commonly used in naming Episcopal churches; Background on the relationship between the Episcopal Church and the Scots; Association of church...
- Episcopal bishops firm on pastoral 'oversight' // Christian Century;4/20/2004, Vol. 121 Issue 8, p13
Reports on the refusal of the bishops of the Episcopal Church to recruit like-minded bishops from other dioceses to assume control over their congregations. Statement issued by the House of Bishops which focused on diocesan boundaries; Request of conservatives to handpick their own bishops;...
- Giving from Episcopal dioceses dips 7 percent. // Christian Century;3/9/2004, Vol. 121 Issue 5, p14
Reports on the decline in contributions from local dioceses of the Episcopal Church since its voted in 2003 to approve an openly gay bishop. Percentage of decline; Financial report presented to the church's Executive Council on February 9, 2004; Move of the church treasurer to cut spending.
- CEC for Life. D'Agostino, Joseph A. // Human Events;2/11/2002, Vol. 58 Issue 6, p16
Provides information on the Charismatic Episcopal Church (CEC) for Life. Function of CEC for Life; Ideas offered by CEC for Life to those who want to do something about abortion in the U.S.