ROSNA, CHARLES B. (C. 1812-1843)
- "SPLITFOOT, MR.". // Spirit Book;2005, p390
A definition of term "Mr. Splitfoot" is presented. It refers to the name given by Katie Fox, one of the Fox Sisters, to the spirit that later appeared to be known as Charles B. Rosna, the peddler who was murdered in the Fox Cottage. The name possibly derive from the child's thinking of the...
- Choose Your Friends Wisely. // Bulverde Standard (Canyon Lake, TX);12/30/2009, Vol. 26 Issue 52, p10
The article focuses on an incident in which a man accidentally killed his friend in the process of waking him up from sleep.
- Tanzanian wedding song. Bethea, Dorine // Essence (Essence);Oct96, Vol. 27 Issue 6, p46
Presents an intimate look at diverse culture. How a woman grieved for her murdered fiance; Her visit to her fiance's family in Tanzania, Africa to make peace with the past.
- SF murder suspect described as victim by friends. Walsh, Ed // Bay Windows;4/17/2003, Vol. 21 Issue 18, p14
Details a murder case in San Francisco, California involving a transgendered woman. Remarks from the witnesses of the case; Description of how the murder came about.
- Questionable tactics. Laurie, Victoria // Bulletin with Newsweek;04/15/97, Vol. 116 Issue 6067, p14
Discusses the public response in Australia to the ongoing search to find a serial killer thought responsible for the death of two women and the disappearance of another. The efforts of the Secure Community Foundation; Comments from spokesman Neil Fearis; Influence of the foundation; Examples of...
- Suicide among Arab-Americans. El-Sayed, Abdulrahman M.; Tracy, Melissa; Scarborough, Peter; Galea, Sandro // PLoS ONE;2011, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p1
Background: Arab-American (AA) populations in the US are exposed to discrimination and acculturative stress-two factors that have been associated with higher suicide risk. However, prior work suggests that socially oriented norms and behaviors, which characterize recent immigrant ethnic groups,...
- The Canal Murder. // Diabetes Health;Dec2004, Vol. 13 Issue 12, p58
Presents an excerpt from the book "The Canal Murder," by Evelyn Geisler.
- THE MURDER ON TURKEY CREEK. Buntin, Martha // This Land;1/1/2015, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p12
An excerpt of the article "The Murder on Turkey Creek," in the Volume 12 and September 1943 issue of the periodical "Oklahoma" is presented which details the murder of two men in Turkey Creek.
- PARTICULAR EIGHT: THE BALLET -- THE OPERA -- THE PLAYS. Kent, David; Flynn, Robert A. // Lizzie Borden Sourcebook;1992, Preceding p348
This article provides information on Agnes de Mille's 1948 ballet, Fall River Legend. The ballet captured the dark, brooding ambience of the Borden murders and the oppressiveness of Victorian New England life better than any of the novels or factual accounts have ever been able to do. Except for...