Best Practicable Environmental Option (BPEO)
- Outlook for haz. waste industry called 'grim'. McGowan, Elizabeth // Waste News;2/13/2006, Vol. 11 Issue 22, p1
The article focuses on the report "Hazardous Waste Industry Review 2004-2005," recently released by Washington, D.C.-based Farkas Berkowitz & Co. In the 41-page report, analyst Berkowitz directed harsh words toward the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency's (EPA) "contingent management"...
- Fresh air. McMullen, Cheryl A. // Waste News;11/8/99, Vol. 5 Issue 26, p1
Focuses on a study released by the United States Environmental Protection Agency, which shows substantial reductions in emissions estimates for waste-to-energy units and incinerators. Result of new technology and retrofitting of facilities in the United States; Goal of the Maximum Achievable...
- News from the compost heap � NIMBY edition. // Resource Recycling;Jul2007, Vol. 26 Issue 7, p6
The article reports on protests against compost facilities in United States. In Utah, South Jordan residents are complaining from the smell coming from a composting site at the TransJordan Landfill. In response to the complaints, efforts to move the compost facility out of the town are being...
- Energy Department Settles with EPA for Waste Management Violations at Hanford. // Solid Waste Report;7/19/2013, Vol. 44 Issue 12, p1
The article reports on the settlement made by the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) with the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) for waste management violations in July 2013. DOE has allegedly operated dangerous waste storage units without proper permit authorization. EPA Director Ed Kowalski...
- Rising Solid Waste Costs? // Public Management (00333611);Oct99, Vol. 81 Issue 9, pA-15
Deals with the Pay-As-You-Throw (PAYT) waste campaign supported by the United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). When did the campaign started; Participants; What the campaign will provide.
- EPA UPDATES DIOXIN EMISSION DRAFT. // Waste News;05/04/98, Vol. 3 Issue 51, p23
Reports that the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has updated its draft inventory of dioxin sources. Decrease in emission estimates on municipal and medical waste incinerators; Estimates of annual emission for municipal wastes by the EPA; Implementation of maximum achievable control...
- AT DEADLINE. // Waste News;1/6/2003, Vol. 8 Issue 20, p1
Reports on the plans of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and the Delaware Department of Natural Resources and Environmental Control to remove chlorinated benzene from a chemical plant. Name of the chemical plant; Explanation of the clean up activity by the EPA.
- Waste total falls. Halal, Ann Marie // Waste News;05/26/97, Vol. 3 Issue 2, p1
Presents information on the amount of municipal solid waste generated in the United States between 1994 and 1995, with reference to a report scheduled to be released by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). Comments by Eugene Lee of the Municipal and Industrial Solid Waste Division of the...
- A look at strategies and tactics for the nation's war on wastes Porter, J. Winston // Waste Age;Oct1988, Vol. 19 Issue 10, p36
No abstract available.