- THE BEST BOUTIQUE IN TOWN. Glyde, Cleo // Marie Claire (US);Jan2008, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p106
A photograph of a tailor shop in the war-torn city of Ghazni in Afghanistan is presented.
- AFGHANISTAN: UPHILL, BUT NO END IN SIGHT. // Progressive Christian (19347316);Winter2009, Vol. 183 Issue 7, p24
A photograph of the members of the Provincial Reconstruction Team Ghazni and Afghan national police in Afghanistan is presented.
- Deacons revamped base's chapel in Afghanistan. Ybarra, Rose // National Catholic Reporter;2/3/2012, Vol. 48 Issue 8, p9a
The article reports on the restoration of chapel deacons of Austin diocese headed by Catarino Villanueva at Forward Operating Base Ghazni in Afghanistan.
- Ghazni. // Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th Edition;Feb2013, p1
Ghazni (gŭz′nē), city (1981 est. pop. 31,200), capital of Ghazni prov., E central Afghanistan, on the Ghazni River. Located on the Kabul-Kandahar trade route, Ghazni is a market for sheep, wool, camel hair cloth, corn, and fruit. The famed Afghan sheepskin coats are made in the city. Most of...
- The 2009 Economic and Product Market Databook for Ghazni, Afghanistan. Parker, Philip M. // City Almanac Reports;1/ 2/2010, pN.PAG
Several tables and graphs regarding the 2009 economic and product market for several products and services in Ghazni, Afghanistan including air conditioning and refrigeration equipment, liqueurs, and baked goods are presented.
- Rural tinkerer builds the first airplane made in Afghanistan. Peter, Tom A. // Christian Science Monitor;4/6/2012, pN.PAG
Afghanistan's rural Ghazni Province usually appears on the news radar only to herald a tragedy: Five Polish soldiers were killed by a roadside bomb days before Christmas. A group of armed men accused a widow and her daughter of adultery in November and stoned the pair before shooting them in...
- TRUST AND BALANCE: AN ILLINOIS GUARDSMAN IN AFGHANISTAN WITH POLISH TASK FORCE WHITE EAGLE. CAMMACK, DUSTIN W. // Infantry;Sep/Oct2011, Vol. 100 Issue 4, p30
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of serving on the NATO/ISAF mission with the Polish Forces in the Ghazni Province of Afghanistan as a liaison officer with the ILNG Bilateral Embedded Support Team 4 (BEST-A4).
- Iraq President and Prime Minister Named. // Army Magazine;May2005, Vol. 55 Issue 5, p75
Presents development involving the war in Iraq. Election of Jala Talabani, a Kurdish leader, as the new president of the country and his nomination of Sunni Muslim Ibrahim, as prime minister; Attack of the insurgents in the Abu Ghraib prison on April 2, 2005; Collision of CH-47 Chinook...
- MEDEVAC Soldiers Receive Polish Award. // Polish American Journal;Mar2012, Vol. 101 Issue 3, p9
The article offers information on the Polish army bronze medals which are awarded to several medical evacuation soldiers of the U.S. Army at Forward Operating Base Ghazni, Afghanistan which includes Chief Warrant Officer 2 Rollin Burley, Staff Sergeant Joshua Melocik and Sergeant Frank Cermak.