- Foreword. Handler, Ruth // Women Inventors & Their Discoveries;1993, p7
This section identifies the personal traits needed to be an inventor or to be a woman inventor. To be an inventor, you have to have certain creative talents: the talent to observe and the talent to conceive of a new idea. An inventor has the ability to see a need and has a specific, concrete...
- NATIONAL INVENTORS MONTH. Pope, Steve // Inventors' Digest;Aug2008, Vol. 24 Issue 7, p31
The article reflects on the great legacy and responsibility of inventors. The Agricultural Revolution is the period when inventors began giving humanity unique and novel ideas that profoundly transformed society. Agricultural inventions such as sickle and plow made large-scale agricultural...
- Some Major INVENTIONS. // World Almanac for Kids;1999, p115
No abstract available.
- SLICE & DICE. Carson, Damon // Inventors' Digest;Apr2010, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p39
The article presents advice to inventors on how to make his invention and the problem it solves relevant to a specific type of media. The invention will be covered by media from the perspective that will be of interest to their particular audience. The advantages of customization of the...
- INVENTIONS HELP US LIVE HEALTHIER AND LONGER LIVES. // World Almanac for Kids;2001, p98
Presents a list of inventions related to health and medicine, the inventor of the invention and their country of origin.
- INVENTIONS MAKE OUR LIVES EASIER. // World Almanac for Kids;2001, p99
Presents a list of inventions related to every-day household convenience, the inventor of the invention and their country of origin.
- Lone Inventors as Source of Breakthroughs: Myth or Reality? Singh, Jasjit; Fleming, Lee // INSEAD Working Papers Collection;2009, Issue 31, preceding p1
Are lone inventors more or less likely to invent breakthroughs? Recent research has attempted to resolve this question by considering the variance of creative outcome distributions. It has implicitly assumed a symmetric thickening or thinning of both tails, that a greater probability of...
- A NEW YEAR'S RESOLUTION TO KEEP. RUSELL, MARY; PITTS, BARBARA RUSSELL // Inventors' Digest;Jan2009, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p39
The article recommends that inventors must give their time in order to reach that goal of getting their invention on the market. It states that the time spent by inventive people for their special creation is fun and energizing. It stresses the importance of being flexible and open to necessary...
- HOW TO FIND FUNDS WHEN TIMES ARE TIGHT. // Inventors' Digest;Jan2008, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p36
The article offers suggestions for low budget inventors on how to raise funds for their inventions. It explains that by proceeding in the pay-as-you-go mode, inventors can maintain complete control of their product. It advises inventors to use their innate creativity to offer a service or create...