Breac, Aidan (1897-1989)
- DOMESTICATING PERSONAL VIOLENCE: WITCHCRAFT, COURTS AND CONFESSIONS IN CAMEROON. Geschiere, Peter; Fisiy, Cyprian // Africa (Edinburgh University Press);1994, Vol. 64 Issue 3, p323
Comments on the modernity of witchcraft, emanating from various societies in southern and western Cameroon. Discussion of the kinship and morality of witchcraft; Information on how state courts convict witches; Regional variations in dealing with witches.
- Good News for Witches. Winner, Lauren F. // Christianity Today;10/23/2000, Vol. 44 Issue 12, p106
Focuses on the activities and events that witches hold at Salem, Massachusetts during Halloween. Misconceptions about the site; Defense of witchcraft practice by the witches; Association of witchcraft with Satan-worship and sorcery; Views of evangelicals on the practice of witchcraft. INSET: A...
- Heartland of the Witchcraze: CENTRAL AND NORTHERN EUROPE. Midelfort, H.C. Erik // History Today;Feb81, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p27
Talks about witchcraze in central and northern Europe. Description of the execution of witches among German-speaking territories; Definition of witchcraft as a social offense in Germany; Reasons for fearing witchcraft by common folks in villages; Association of women to witchcraft.
- A SPELL for SELF HELP. MUCHA, CORINNE // Cicada;Mar/Apr2016, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p9
The comic strip "A Spell for Self Help" is presented.
- Witchcraft in Early Modern Germany. BAILEY, MICHAEL D. // Magic, Ritual & Witchcraft;Summer2009, Vol. 4 Issue 1, p52
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including one by Laura Stokes on the origins of the stereotype of conspiratorial witchcraft, another by Johannes Dillinger on political developments that promoted witch-hunting, and another by Claudia Opitz-Belakhal on women and...
- Witchcraft 101. Sullivan, Ed // School Library Journal;Oct99, Vol. 45 Issue 10, p47
Provides information on witches. Television shows and films featuring witches; References to better understand witches and witchcraft; Novels that feature witches; Reason for teenage interest in witches.
- ENTERTAINING SATAN. Demos, John // American Heritage;Aug/Sep1978, Vol. 29 Issue 5, p14
The article focuses on the practice of witchcraft in New England in the period 1600s. Information on the trial of Lydia Gilbert for witchcraft is provided. During the period, New England towns supported proceedings against witchcraft. A number of case went unrecorded because they did not reach a...
- Irish Witchcraft. BUCKLAND, RAYMOND // Witch Book;2001, p258
An encyclopedia entry for "Irish witchcraft" is presented. It explores the recorded witchcraft and witch trials in Ireland. Information is also given on the witchcraft bill approved by Queen Elizabeth in 1563, which was adopted by the Irish Parliament in 1586. A brief overview of witch trials of...
- Medieval fever. // India Today;5/3/2010, p34
The article reports on witch killings in Jharkhand, India. The family of 14-year-old Pinki Khakha was accused of practising witchcraft and three relatives barged into her house at Saudag village on January 2, 2010 and they killed her parents and elder sister. According to records from the...