- Get a whiff of this! // Self;Oct2003, Vol. 25 Issue 10, p118
Introduces the Instant Aromatherapy booklet published by the periodical 'Self.'
- Hot off the press. Stodder, Gayle // Entrepreneur;Mar1997, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p100
Offers advice for successful self-publishing. Increasing number of self-publishers; Profit potential; Examples of successful self-publishers; Advantages of self-publishing.
- Happiness: forecast. Miller, Susan // Self;Oct2004, Vol. 26 Issue 10, p198
Presents a horoscope published in the October 2004 issue of "Self."
- Prepare to Publish. Pendergrast, Mark; Fox, Bette-Lee // Library Journal;8/1/1989, Vol. 114 Issue 13, p173
Reviews the instructional video "Prepare to Publish," that focuses on self-publishing of books.
- Untangling self-publishing options. Ross, Marilyn // Writer (Kalmbach Publishing Co.);Jun2004, Vol. 117 Issue 6, p28
Explains several terms in publishing. Vanity publishing; Electronic publishing; Self-publishing.
- Letter to a Young Author Or, Some Thoughts on Getting Published These Days. Warren, Patricia Nell // Lambda Book Report;May2002, Vol. 10 Issue 10, p8
Examines several opportunities for self-publishing. Information on the establishment of Wildcat Press; Important aspect about self-publishing.
- TRENDS IN PUBLISHING. Fry, Patricia // World & I;Dec2002, Vol. 17 Issue 12, p290
Examines trends in publishing. Background on the increase in the number of authors; Factors that motivate authors to publish their works; Details on publishing through Print on Demand; Tips on electronic publishing; Forms of self-publishing; Advantages of self-publishing.
- Self-publishing Is it for you? Uslander, Arlene S. // Writer (Kalmbach Publishing Co.);Feb2003, Vol. 116 Issue 2, p38
Discusses the advantages of self-publishing in the U.S. List of authors with self-published books; Reasons behind the growth of self-publishing in the country; Value of self-publishing; Tips for promoting and marketing self-published books.
- JUST FOR VANITY. De La Peña, Matt // Newsweek;6/28/2004, Vol. 143 Issue 26, p60
Looks at self-publishing. Fact that many publishers prefer established writers to newcomers; Marilyn Ross, coauthor of "The Complete Guide to Self Publishing"; Now famous writers who at first were self publishers; How to be a successful self publisher.
- Stop Sweating Me! Osborne, Gwen // Black Issues Book Review;Nov/Dec99, Vol. 1 Issue 6, p62
Provides information on self-publishing. Experience of several authors; Importance of creativity in self-publishing; Background on related books. INSET: Self-Publishing: What You Should Know Before You Begin.