- Vision Systems. McComb, Gordon // Popular Electronics;Aug99, Vol. 16 Issue 8, p74
Provides information on robotic vision systems. Function of a photocell, referred to as light-dependent resistor, in robotic vision; Other methods that can used for a robotic-vision system; Alternatives for light-sensitive vision systems.
- LOW-POWER AMBIENT LIGHT SENSING LED DRIVER, WITH HIBERNATE MODE. Chau Tran // EDN Europe;Dec2015, p21
The article offers information on an automatic light sensitive circuit that is powered by AA batteries and uses a light-dependent-resistor (LDR) as its main sensor which gradually becomes brighter when its environment gets dark.
- photocell. // Computer Desktop Encyclopedia;10/1/2011, p1
A light sensor (photodetector) that varies its resistance between its two terminals based on the amount of photons (light) it receives. Used for photographic light meters, automatic on-at-dusk street lights and other light-sensitive applications, it is also called a "light dependent resistor"...
- Analogue Input on Raspberry Pi. BERA, SOMNATH // Electronics For You;Mar2015, Vol. 3 Issue 11, p94
The article discusses the connection of simple resistive-type analogue-input devices to Raspberry Pi computer by adding a small resistor-capacitor resonating circuit built around a resistor. It presents a program for measuring light intensity and printing on the monitor using a light dependent...
- Driver thermally compensates LED. Wolczko; Travis, Andrzej // EDN Europe;Sep99, Vol. 44 Issue 9, p96
Describes a positive-temperature-coefficient resistor that address the temperature-dependent problems posed by light emitting diodes. Linear temperature coefficient of the device; Tenfold decrease in thermal coefficient provided by the device; Bandwidth of the circuit designed.
- Simple Ambient Light Sensor Circuit. Chau Tran; Mullins, Paul // Analog Dialogue;Sep2011, Vol. 45 Issue 3, p22
The article describes a simple, cost-effective ambient light sensor circuit. It this circuit, the sensor is a light-dependent resistor (LDR) which has a resistance decreases from millions of ohms in darkness to hundreds of ohms in bright light. It suggests that the said circuit provides a...
- Load resistors solve lighting problems. // DEMM: Engineering & Manufacturing;Nov2012, p43
The article offers information on Narva's load resistors for lighting problems.
- Embedded Resistor Design Guidelines. Snogren, Richard C.; Jouppi, Mike // Printed Circuit Design & Manufacture;Dec2004, Vol. 21 Issue 12, p18
Discusses the developments in test vehicle and thermal guidelines for embedded resistor design. Importance of thermal management of resistors and the developments of test vehicles to quantify some logical resistor behaviors; Comparison between the ways to develop design guidelines for embedded...
- Slow light and slow current. Zapasskiĭ, V. S.; Kozlov, G. G. // Optics & Spectroscopy;Jan2008, Vol. 104 Issue 1, p95
It is shown that the effect of hole-burning under conditions of coherent population oscillations as well as the light pulse delay in a saturable absorber (a modification of the so-called slow light effect) can be interpreted, in a comprehensive way, in terms of the intensity spectrum of the...
- Untitled. // Electronics Weekly;4/11/2012, Issue 2503, p24
The author reports on the methods of powering a grounded light emitting diode (LED) from a grounded supercapacitor including using a resistor or implementing a buck/boost converter. It states use of a resistor will mean brightness is dependent on capacitor voltage and implementing a buck/boost...