Vietnam Veterans Memorial
- The Wall's Silver Anniversary. // Officer Review Magazine;May2007, Vol. 46 Issue 9, p9
The article focuses on the Vietnam Veterans Memorial, which is built by the Vietnam Veterans Memorial Fund (VVMF) in Washington D.C. The VVMF created the center in honor of the service and sacrifice for those who served during the Vietnam War. The purpose of this facility is to provide a...
- VIETNAM VETERANS MEMORIAL. Pearson, Clifford // Architectural Record;May2007, Vol. 195 Issue 5, p158
The article describes the architectural design of the Vietnam Veterans Memorial in Washington, D.C. designed by Maya Lin. A controversial design honoring the lives lost in a controversial war, the Vietnam Veterans Memorial today stands as a nearly universally admired landmark. Listing all the...
- REFLECTIONS ON THE VIETNAM VETERANS MEMORIAL. Corliss, P. F. // Vietnam Flashbacks;1984, p96
The article focuses on the Vietnam Veteran Memorial in Washington, District of Columbia. The memorial was proposed by veterans wherein they created a fund to build the memorial. In March 1981, they sponsored an open design competition for the memorial wherein competitors are required to...
- Vietnam memorial to lost relationship. Bromberg, Judy // National Catholic Reporter;10/01/99, Vol. 35 Issue 42, p2
Highlights an experience at the Vietnam Memorial in Washington D.C. Contemplation of an African-American boy, an anonymous participant in the Vietnam Memorial ceremony; Lessons of compassion and connectedness to those who departed.
- The Wall. Wills, Denise Kersten // Washingtonian Magazine;Nov2007, Vol. 43 Issue 2, p70
The article presents a history of the making of the Vietnam Veterans Memorial in Washington, D.C. Jan Scruggs, a U.S. infantryman who had gone to Vietnam in 1969 straight out of Bowie High, is to be credited with the idea for a memorial. He was wounded and witnessed comrades die. He came home to...
- Golden Letters. Gotcher, Casey // Teen Ink;May2006, Vol. 17 Issue 9, p10
The article discusses the author and her father's visit at the Vietnam Veterans Memorial in Washington, D.C. She remembered a day in July when she and her father went to the memorial and he was so sad. She said that it was the first time she saw her father lost in his emotions. She realized that...
- WAR AND REMEMBRANCE. Updike, William A. // National Parks;Sep/Oct2000, Vol. 74 Issue 9/10, p20
Presents information on the artifacts left at the Vietnam Veterans Memorial In Washington, D.C. Significance of the artifacts to the country's history; Efforts of United States National Park Service employees to gather the artifacts; Information on the memorial.
- Venturing Into THE VAULT. HIRST, DON // Vietnam;Dec2012, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p44
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of touring the Vietnam Veterans Memorial in Washington, D.C.
- Scrutinizing Nam memorial. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;6/27/94, Vol. 232 Issue 26, p7
Reports on the study of the cracks in the Indian stone of the Vietnam Veterans Memorial in Washington, D.C. Baseline survey using hand-held computers; Dropping of legal proceedings against firms involved in design and construction of memorial.