Cape Grim Massacre
- Outrage at Gustafsen Lake. C.O. // Earth Island Journal;Summer97, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p18
Reports on the assault by the Canadian Army and Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP) against a group of native people in Gustafsen Lake for refusing to leave unceded traditional lands. Construction by Shuswap natives of shelter at the lake in June 1995; Eviction notice served by American...
- Christians Massacred. Guthrie, Stan; Khushi, Yunis // Christianity Today;12/3/2001, Vol. 45 Issue 15, p26
Focuses on the massacre of several Protestant Christians by Muslim militants at a worship service on October 28, 2001 in Pakistan. Reason behind the massacre; Statement from Pervez Musharraf, president of Pakistan on the tragedy; Views of several Muslim and pro-government Christian leaders on...
- Beating cover-up alleged. Barnsley, Paul // Windspeaker;Oct2002, Vol. 20 Issue 6, p1
Reports that representatives of 13 Native organizations in Toronto, Ontario held a conference in September 2002 to call attention to allegations of policy brutality against a Native man Ramsey Whitefish. Assault complaint filed by Whitefish against the police officers; Subsequent police...
- 160 Indians Attacked Abroad in 2010. // News India Times;08/19/2011, Vol. 42 Issue 33, p18
The article reports on the increase in number of attacks on Indians in foreign countries, mostly in Australia, in 2010.
- Their Spirits Live within Us: Aboriginal Women in Downtown Eastside Vancouver Emerging into Visibility. Culhane, Dara // American Indian Quarterly;Summer/Fall2003, Vol. 27 Issue 3/4, p593
Describes the construction of the invisibility of aboriginal people in Canadian culture, and the 2001 Valentine's Day Women's Memorial March that symbolizes the resistance of aboriginal women to the acts of invisibility. Scenes at Main and Hastings streets at Downtown Eastside in Vancouver,...
- Attack on Native youth called hate crime. Manuel, Judy // Raven's Eye;Jan2000, Vol. 3 Issue 9, p1
Reports the violent assault on several Aboriginal teens happening at a weekend outing to a "Moist" rock concert in Kamloops. Perception of the local people on the assault as a hate crime done by two caucasian males; Interviews performed by Neskonlith band lawyer Barbara Morin; Organization of a...
- Political cleansing in Chiapas. Nadal, Alejandro // Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists;May/Jun1998, Vol. 54 Issue 3, p20
Focuses on the massacre of 45 Tzotzil Indians at Acteal as part of the political cleansing in the Mexican state of Chiapas on December 22, 1997. Information on the political and social conditions in Chiapas; Actions taken by Mexican officials to endorse the anti-foreigner campaign; Bill sent by...
- It's a Daily Night are for Delhi Women. GEORGE, NIRMALA // India -- West;12/28/2012, Vol. 38 Issue 6, pA35
The article looks into the experiences of three Indian women Gita Ganeshan, Sandhya Jadon and Priyanka Kahtri of encountering violent assaults and abuse.
- A nation in pain, a nation whose heart is broken again. EDWARDS, RON // Minnesota Spokesman-Recorder;12/27/2012, Vol. 79 Issue 22, p4
The author reflects on the violence related to the mass killing of school students in the U.S. by using guns and combat rifles.