- Teen Speak in IM. Arellano, Jonah // Rural Telecommunications;Mar/Apr2007, Vol. 26 Issue 2, p8
The article discusses the prevalent use of instant messaging (IM) by teenagers. Teenagers use IM to converse in text with friends, share links, photos and music over the Internet. IM usage has given rise to a language of short hand acronyms which is so popular with teenagers that they use them...
- Knowing it Z to A. Manafy, Michelle // EContent;Nov2004, Vol. 27 Issue 11, p5
This article comments on America Online's (AOL) decision to limit the use of the words instant messenger in any context other than in direct reference to its own product. The acronym IM can mean instant messaging. But it could also mean instant messenger, and this confused with proprietary AIM...
- BTW BCS, USC Tops LSU in YACs. Rushin, Steve // Sports Illustrated;12/22/2003, Vol. 99 Issue 24, p15
This article comments on the prevailing use of acronyms and initials in the sports world. It is now possible in sports to hold a meaningful conversation entirely in acronyms or initials, as when Shaquille O' Neal, asked which teams ought to be in the BCS title game, answered, "LSU-USC." So ALCS...
- FCC sees the light on IM. Krauss, Jeffrey // CED;Oct2003, Vol. 29 Issue 10, p66
Comments on the lifting of a ban made by the U.S. Federal Communications Commission on the Instant Messaging (IM) service of America Online (AOL) Inc. in the U.S. Reasons for the cancellation of the ban imposed on AOL; Two instances wherein when they happen, the FCC will lift the prohibition...
- AT&T to bolster PersonaLink with wireless access, new Magic Cap. // PC Week;3/13/95, Vol. 12 Issue 10, p3
Reports on AT&T's plan to enhance PersonaLink next quarter with support for wireless access and online shopping.
- openers. Budman, Matthew // Conference Board Review;Nov/Dec2008, Vol. 45 Issue 6, p3
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including one by Jim Krohe on getting distracted in the workplace due to instant messages and phone calls and another titled "Think Horizontal" on how teams can be key to solving business problems quickly and responsibly.
- CHaRT smaRT. // Weekly Reader News - Edition 4;4/29/2005, Vol. 86 Issue 24, p8
Presents chart and a quiz on the capability of adults to recognize language used in instant messaging by children.
- NWSEND 4.5 UNVEILED FOR NOVELL NETWORK USERS. // GUI Program News;Dec2003, Vol. 14 Issue 11, pN.PAG
Reviews version 4.5 of the NWSend instant messaging software from Novell NetWare.
- Taming the Wild Frontiers of Instant Messaging. Bruno, Mark // Bank Technology News;Dec2002, Vol. 15 Issue 12, p30
Focuses on the significance of instant messaging programs in the business industry. Way of allowing individuals or groups of people to have real time conversations and information exchanges over electronic channels; Improvement of the communication system; Number of banks and financial...