- lurk. // Bloomsbury Business Library - Business & Management Dictionary;2007, p4510
A definition for the term "lurk," is presented. It refers to a visit to an Internet newsgroup without taking part.
- No More Words. McGarvey, Robert // Entrepreneur;Jun97, Vol. 25 Issue 6, p36
Introduces the Electric Minds Web site. Focus of chats; Start-up funding for the site; Expectations on audience patronage.
- WIKIPEDIA REVISITED. Miller, Nora // ETC: A Review of General Semantics;Apr2007, Vol. 64 Issue 2, p147
The article discusses the online open-content, reader-edited Internet encyclopedia Wikipedia.org. Wikipedia has become one of the most cited Internet sources with more than 5 million entries including more than 100 in judicial rulings. The author remains skeptical of its usefulness as it is...
- Is free tax help any good? // Consumer Reports Money Adviser;Apr2008, Vol. 5 Issue 4, p11
The article focuses on a test of several Web sites, forums and newsgroups that offer free tax help in the U.S. conducted by "Money Adviser." Jack Rosenberg, a tax partner at Goldstein Schechter Koch, was enlisted to help in the preparation of tax questions to ask the free services. Based on the...
- www.TruckNetUK.com. Chequer, Rikki // Commercial Motor;2/19/2009, Vol. 209 Issue 5319, p15
The article presents the author's reflection on the new format of the forum on www.trucknetuk.com. He says that there are still a few graphic bugs and the search function isn't performing to its best. One of the most popular new features is the ability the first few lines of a thread without...
- Log on for church. // Challenge Newsline;Mar2008, Issue 603, p7
The article offers information on St. Pixels, an online church in 3D where people can meet others, talk about serious and not-so-serious matters, and join a pioneering worldwide community. The Web site is proving very popular with those who do not or cannot get to church. St. Pixel programmer...
- Sqlmag.com Community Dialog. // SQL Server Magazine;Aug2008, Vol. 10 Issue 8, p13
Several excerpts from the Web site www.ITTV.net are presented including highlights of a video conversation between the journal's editorial staff Michael Otey, Erin Welker and Sheila Molnar and a comment or feedback by Lee Everest, a reader, to an article by Kalen Delaney.
- The Social Side of Design News. Greenfield, David // Design News;Jun2010, Vol. 65 Issue 6, p11
In this article, the author discusses the development of a social media group for online interaction with the global audience of "Design News." He mentions the site, located at http://bitly.com/designnewsLI, comprises of a discussion area and a news area where the discussion area is appropriated...
- killfile. // Bloomsbury Business Library - Business & Management Dictionary;2007, p4231
A definition for the term "killfile," is presented. It refers to a list on an Internet newsreader of undesirable authors or threads that can be filtered out by the user.