- Bale size, density greatly affect hay value. BANTA, JASON // Wisconsin Agriculturist;May2013, Vol. 244 Issue 5, pBP7
The article reports on the impact of size and density of hay bales on hay value.
- Better options for handling big bales. // Wisconsin Agriculturist;May2013, Vol. 244 Issue 5, p39
The article discusses how to handle big hay bales.
- SLOW-GROW LAWNS. Pleasant, Barbara // Organic Gardening (08973792);May88, Vol. 35 Issue 5, p70
Focuses on the varieties of slow-growing grasses. Cool-season slow-growing types of Spartan, Reliant, Waldina and Scaldis suitable for the Mid-Atlantic region; Varieties of fescues such as Rebel and Falcon; Improvements done on bluegrass; Water-hoarding characteristic of the Bermuda grass;...
- GRASS WATCH. Buss, Jessica // Farmers Weekly;4/12/2002, Vol. 136 Issue 15, p40
Presents an update on the grasses used for feeding cattle in Great Britain as of April 12, 2002. Daily growth rates of grasses; Effect of cold weather on the growth of grass.
- Nutritive Value of Pastures in Kars District I. Botanical and Nutrient Composition at Different Stages of Maturity. Kaya, Ismail; Öncüer, Ahmet; Ünal, Yücel; Yildiz, Sedat // Turkish Journal of Veterinary & Animal Sciences;2004, Vol. 28 Issue 2, p275
The objectives of this study were to examine the botanical composition and determine the nutritive value of pastures in 9 different locations in Kars district with respect to stages of maturity. Samples were collected bi-weekly from 21 May to 30 July 1999. The Gramineae, Leguminoseae and other...
- Proven variety delivers another top result. // New Zealand Dairy Exporter;Jan2006, Vol. 81 Issue 6, p4
This article reports on the excellent yield results delivered by Tabu Italian rye grass at the National Forage Variety Trials in New Zealand. Agriseeds upper North Island area manager Richard Doney offered a statement on the Italian rye grass. Tabu is being used for various agricultural...
- Fall for Grasses. LISKEY, ERIC // Better Homes & Gardens;Sep2013, Vol. 91 Issue 9, p120
The article presents answers to questions about fall grasses including the ideal grasses for growing in fall season, those possessing colorful foliage, and suitable grasses for shady areas.
- Sudan grass:. Schlegel, Rolf H. J. // Encyclopedic Dictionary of Plant Breeding & Related Subjects;2003, p489
An encyclopedia entry for Sudan grass is presented.
- Most hay classes trading moderately. // High Plains Journal;9/28/2015, Vol. 133 Issue 39, p27B
The article reports that in Nebraska and the East River area of South Dakota, alfalfa and grass hay and dehydrated pellets are trading low.