- Advances in Somatic Embryogenesis Research of Horticultural Plants. // American Journal of Plant Sciences;Dec2011, Vol. 2 Issue 6, p727
The article discusses advances in somatic embryogenesis (SE) research of horticultural plants. It is indicated that in SE, the plant somatic cell develops into a new plant with the similar progress of zygotic embryo development. Direct SE is reportedly defined as explants that could directly...
- REGULATION OF SOMATIC EMBRYOGENESIS IN CROPS. Joshi, Rohit; Kumar, Paramod // Agricultural Reviews;Mar2013, Vol. 34 Issue 1, p1
'Somatic embryogenesis' is a process whereby somatic cells differentiate into somatic embryos. It is regulated by several factors, including phytohormones, proteins, transcription factors, and other related substances during different stages of development. Somatic cells are not terminally...
- encapsulation:. Schlegel, Rolf H. J. // Encyclopedic Dictionary of Plant Breeding & Related Subjects;2003, p149
A definition of the term "encapsulation" is presented. It refers to the process of enclosing fragile organic material in a protective casing, sometimes of a semisolid nature; it is used for planting or moving somatic embryos.
- Abscisic acid and stress treatment are essential for the acquisition of embryogenic competence by carrot somatic cells. Kikuchi, Akira; Sanuki, Nobuya; Higashi, Katsumi; Koshiba, Tomokazu; Kamada, Hiroshi // Planta;Apr2006, Vol. 223 Issue 4, p637
Studies of carrot embryogenesis have suggested that abscisic acid (ABA) is involved in somatic embryogenesis. A relationship between endogenous ABA and the induction of somatic embryogenesis was demonstrated using stress-induced system of somatic embryos. The embryonic-specific genes C-ABI3 and...
- torpedo stage:. Schlegel, Rolf H. J. // Encyclopedic Dictionary of Plant Breeding & Related Subjects;2003, p415
A definition of the term "torpedo stage," which refers to a stage of somatic and zygotic embryogenesis, is presented.
- Somatic Embryogenesis in Elm. CORREDOIRA, E.; VIEITEZ, A. M.; BALLESTER, A. // Annals of Botany;May2002, Vol. 89 Issue 5, p637
We show that isolated zygotic embryos of Ulmus minor and U. glabra can produce embryogenic cultures provided they are isolated from immature seeds before storage proteins begin to accumulate. Rates of somatic embryogenesis were highest among zygotic embryos collected 6 weeks post-anthesis when...
- somatic crossing-over:. Schlegel, Rolf H. J. // Encyclopedic Dictionary of Plant Breeding & Related Subjects;2003, p387
A definition of the term "somatic crossing-over" is presented. It refers to the crossing-over during mitosis of somatic cells such that parent cells heterozygous for a given allele, instead of giving rise to two identical heterozygous daughter cells
- Embryogenic potential and expression of embryogenesis-related genes in conifers are affected by treatment with a histone deacetylase inhibitor. Uddenberg, Daniel; Valladares, Silvia; Abrahamsson, Malin; Sundstr�m, Jens; Sund�s-Larsson, Annika; Arnold, Sara von // Planta;Sep2011, Vol. 234 Issue 3, p527
Somatic embryogenesis is used for vegetative propagation of conifers. Embryogenic cultures can be established from zygotic embryos; however, the embryogenic potential decreases during germination. In Arabidopsis, LEAFY COTYLEDON ( LEC) genes are expressed during the embryonic stage, and must be...
- Study of Abies somatic embryogenesis and its application. Vooková, Božena; Kormuťák, Andrej // Dendrobiology;2014, Vol. 71, p149
This paper provides results of somatic embryogenesis study in our laboratory. General description of somatic embryogenesis (SE) induction, maturation of somatic embryos and plantlets regeneration of the Abies species, followed by a comparisons of some characteristics of zygotic and somatic...