SADDLE-POINT OF A FUNCTION
- Generalized block triangular preconditioner for symmetric saddle point problems. Wu, Shi-Liang; Huang, Ting-Zhu; Li, Cui-Xia // Computing;Jun2009, Vol. 84 Issue 3/4, p183
In this paper, spectral properties and computational performance of a generalized block triangular preconditioner for symmetric saddle point problems are discussed in detail. We will provide estimates for the region containing both the nonreal and the real eigenvalues and generalize the results...
- Tail probability approximations for Student's t-statistics. Wang Zhou; Bing-Yi Jing // Probability Theory & Related Fields;Dec2006, Vol. 136 Issue 4, p541
In this paper, we derive saddlepoint approximations for Student's t-statistics for strongly nonlattice random variables without moment conditions. Under very mild conditions, we show that saddlepoint equations always have solutions.
- Interior projection-like methods for monotone variational inequalities. Auslender, Alfred; Teboulle, Marc // Mathematical Programming;Sep2005, Vol. 104 Issue 1, p39
We propose new interior projection type methods for solving monotone variational inequalities. The methods can be viewed as a natural extension of the extragradient and hyperplane projection algorithms, and are based on using non Euclidean projection-like maps. We prove global convergence...
- Saddle points of the potential energy surface for HCCF determined by an algebraic approach. Wang, X.; Ding, S. // European Physical Journal D -- Atoms, Molecules, Clusters & Opti;Jun2004, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p337
The potential energy surface of the tetratomic molecule HCCF is determined by the U(4) algebraic method. The combination coefficients in the Hamiltonian are gotten from fitting the spectroscopic data. The molecular properties, such as, force constants and dissociation energies, are obtained in...
- On Approximate Representation of Periodic Motions at a Saddle Point. Martynyuk, A. A.; Nikitina, N. V. // International Applied Mechanics;Sep2002, Vol. 38 Issue 9, p1138
The results of a qualitative analysis of a bistable oscillator are applied to the approximate integration of a system with a closed trajectory about a saddle point.
- A short note on the Q-linear convergence of the steepest descent method. Ya-xiang Yuan // Mathematical Programming;Jun2010, Vol. 123 Issue 2, p339
This short note gives the sharp bound for the Q-linear convergence rate of the iterates generated by the steepest descent method with exact line searches when the objective function is strictly convex quadratic.
- Stable smoothing method for solving a model mechanical problem with friction. Kushniruk, N. N.; Namm, R. V.; Tkachenko, A. S. // Computational Mathematics & Mathematical Physics;Jun2011, Vol. 51 Issue 6, p965
solution algorithm with a modified Lagrangian functional is studied as applied to a semicoercive model problem with friction.
- Extraproximal method for solving two-person saddle-point games. Antipin, A.; Artem'eva, L.; Vasil'ev, F. // Computational Mathematics & Mathematical Physics;Sep2011, Vol. 51 Issue 9, p1472
An equilibrium model is proposed for a two-person saddle-point game with partially coincident or conflicting interests. Meaningful interpretations of such a game are discussed. Three variants of the extraproximal method for finding an equilibrium point are proposed, and their convergence is proved.
- A RESONANCE PROBLEM FOR THE P-LAPLACIAN IN RN. Buenrostro, Gustavo Izquierdo; López Garza, Gabriel // Electronic Journal of Differential Equations;2005, Vol. 2005, p1
We show the existence of a weak solution for the problem -Δpu = λ1h(x)|u|p-2u + a(x)g(u) + f(x), u ∈ D1, p(ℝN), where, 2 < p < N, λ1 the radially symmetric weight h(x) = h(|x|). In this problem, g(s) is a bounded function for all s ∈ ℝ, a ∈ L(p*)'(ℝN) ∩ L∞(ℝN) and f ∈...