Delightful Eggplant Dishes From the Middle East and North Africa
- In the Beginning there Was No Musakka. Nasrallah, Nawal // Food, Culture & Society;Dec2010, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p595
The article looks into the curious history and etymology of a famous casserole dish traditionally made with eggplant and chopped meat, or prepared as a cold vegetarian appetizer. Depending on where you are in the Mediterranean and Middle-Eastern regions, the dish may pass by the name of musakka...
- easy ethnic. Kaufman, Sheilah // Vegetarian Times;Sep2004, Issue 324, p50
Presents several Middle Eastern vegetarian recipes.
- Middle eastern fare. Bishop, Jack // Natural Health;Sep2000, Vol. 30 Issue 7, p138
Presents recipes for Middle Eastern vegetarian dishes. Zucchini Stuffed with Lentils, Tomato, and Black Olives; Turkish White Bean Wraps; Fattoush (Toasted Pita Bread Salad); Herbed Chickpea Patties with Israeli Salad; Red Lentil Soup; Bulgur Pilaf with Swiss Chard, Toasted Pine Nuts, and...
- Parsley. R.R.; R.P. // New York;8/11/2008, p47
A recipe for tabbouleh is presented.
- Reader Recipe. // Vegetarian Times;Jun2004, Issue 322, p10
Presents a vegetarian recipe called Eggplant Sandies.
- arabian NIGHTS. Khan, Opel // Australian Table;Nov2002, Vol. 4 Issue 4, p76
Presents several Middle Eastern recipes. Baba Ghanoush or Baked Eggplant Puree; Fattousch or Cucumber, Tomato & Herb Salad; Crispy Pita Bread.
- SHARE. // Vegetarian Times;Mar2005, Issue 329, p11
Presents the recipe for Eggplant P�t�.
- SHARE. // Vegetarian Times;Mar2006, Issue 339, p11
A recipe for eggplant is presented.
- Eggplant and Spinach Curry. // Medical Update;2005, Vol. 30 Issue 9, p2
Presents the recipe Eggplant and Spinach Curry.