- Grab-&-Go Breakfast. // FoodService Director;11/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 11, p103
Discusses the popularity of grab-and-go breakfasts at colleges in the United States. Food service operation to accommodate the meal habits of college students; Trends in grab-and-go breakfast; Breakfast foods.
- Old faves out, portable in. Chater, Amanda // FoodService Director;11/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 11, p104
Focuses on grab-and-go breakfast at colleges in the United States. Portable foods; Effects of student lifestyle on their meal patterns; Examples of grab-and-go breakfast at some colleges; Popular breakfast foods among college students.
- Rebuilding a daypart. Hirschfeld, Jeff // FoodService Director;11/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 11, p110
Describes the hot breakfast program at selected United States colleges and universities. Omelet Shop and Belgian Waffle Factory at Eastern Kentucky University; Display cooking omelet and hot cakes to-order at Indiana University in Bloomington; Breakfast Combo at the Miami University in Oxford,...
- Georgia's res hall pizza concept migrates to retail. Buzalka, Mike // Food Management Exclusive Insight;1/20/2016, p2
The article reports that the University of Georgia in Athens (UGA) has created the Niche Pizza Co., a hearth oven pizza concept, in its renovated Bulldog CafÃ© food court in the Tate Student Center.
- Teppanyaki grill, wood pizza oven highlight new dining center. Buzalka, Mike // Food Management Exclusive Insight;12/21/2015, p1
The article reports on the foods available at the Gold Rush Culinary Center of the California University of Pennsylvania, including homemade gelato, pizza cooked from a wood-fired oven and barbecue.
- Sunny side up. // Australian Gourmet Traveller;Aug2012, Vol. 12 Issue 8, p88
The article lists some of the most exciting breakfast meals in various restaurants in Australia. They include Breakfast pizza at Albert St. Food & Wine, Bacon butty, smoked bacon from Lucas Meats served on house-made woodfired sourdough rolls at Kitchen by Mike, and Merguez, eggs and chimichurri...
- Challenging 'the most important meal of the day'. King, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;12/14/98, Vol. 32 Issue 50, p50
Offers insights about the opposing trends in the breakfast programs within the United States educational institutions. Studies linking breakfast and academic performance; Growth in breakfast participation in elementary and secondary schools; Likely disappearance of breakfast as a daypart in...
- Morning dishes that sizzle. Alexis, Jennifer // FoodService Director;12/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 12, p36
Focuses on several dishes served for breakfasts by college dining facilities in the U.S. Background on breakfast items preferred by consumers at the University of Delaware in Newark; Types of breakfast burritos offered by Las Trojes Express, a campus retail outlet; Impact of changes in the...
- U-MASS ADDS CONVENIENCE: GRAB-N-GO B'FAST CLIMBS. // FoodService Director;4/15/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p10
Reports that the University of Massachusetts in Amherst has increased breakfast counts by adding Breakfast On The Run, a grab-and-go breakfast program in three all-you-care-to-eat dining halls. Comments from Ken Toong, director of dining services; Importance of location to the success of the...