- The simplest sauce. // Nutrition Action Health Letter;Jun96, Vol. 23 Issue 5, p16
Features the Contandina brand of seasoned tomato sauce. Nutritional considerations; Sodium contents; Other brands of seasoned tomato sauce.
- The salsa beat stays strong. Hayes, Kathleen // Snack Food;Feb96, Vol. 85 Issue 2, p18
Reports on the growth of the salsa sauces market. Shift from condiment to snack food to cooking ingredient; Strong sales in supermarkets; Popularity among consumers; Background on several salsa manufacturers' marketing strategies.
- Gravy and au jus. // Restaurant Hospitality;Jan96, Vol. 80 Issue 1, p104
Features Minor's Au Jus and Gravy Concentrates packaged sauces.
- Barbecue sauce. // Restaurant Hospitality;Jan96, Vol. 80 Issue 1, p105
Features Open Range's sauces.
- Finger food sauces. // Restaurant Hospitality;Jan96, Vol. 80 Issue 1, p114
Features Nestle Brands Foodservice Co.'s topping and dipping sauces.
- Cool hand cook. Morgan, Jinx; Morgan, Jefferson // Bon Appetit;Aug94, Vol. 39 Issue 8, p20
Suggests early-morning preparation of boldy flavored sauces and condiments for cold food later in the day when the kitchen area would become uncomfortably hot. Preparation of caponata; Sauce made up of oil-packed tuna, anchovy fillets, lemon juice, capers and olive oil; Roasted red pepper...
- Signature sauces. // Restaurant Hospitality;Feb98, Vol. 82 Issue 2, p62
Presents information on sauce ideas, and simple ways to enhance your menu. What the American Egg Board is offering; What is included as part of the Signature Chefs Series; Contact information; Recipe for grilled swordfish with avocado grapefruit salsa.
- Hot sauces to the rescue. Carey, Benedict; Chen, Ingfei // Health (Time Inc. Health);Jan/Feb94, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p13
Reports on the medicinal effects of hot sauce studied by the doctors at the Louisiana State University School of Medicine. Effect of the Louisiana cocktail sauce to bacterial cultures; Conclusion.
- Argentina's steak sauce. Johnson, Elaine // Sunset;Sep94, Vol. 193 Issue 3, p129
Features the recipe for chimichurri sauce.
- All sauced up. Carroll, Mary // Vegetarian Times;Sep93, Issue 193, p32
Discusses how to lessen the fat content in sauces. Use of substitutes; Way of making it thick to coat the noodles; Creation of flavor even without fat; Recipes. INSET: Glossary..