- In praise of casseroles. Hanscomb, C.; Hayes, J.L. // Country Living;Mar1990, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p125
Photo essay with text of hearty casseroles, made with new lean beef, for cold winter evenings. Recipes included. INSET: Did you know? (facts about beef cuts)..
- How to be hamburger helper. Bowers, Christine; Boyles, Denis // Men's Health;Jul/Aug97, Vol. 12 Issue 6, p142
Presents informations about beef burgers. Signs that tell beef cows from dairy cows; how to tell the fat content of meats; Tips in cooking burgers; Recipe for cooking vegetarian burger.
- A helpful hint on cooking beef. Brown, Edwin W. // Medical Update;Dec97, Vol. 21 Issue 6, p5
Presents tips in cooking lean cuts of beef. Why trimming is not practical in cooking; Preparations needed for a basic pot roast. INSET: Cooking tip of the month.
- Beef Tenderloin With Asian Noodle Salad and Spring Rolls. // Nation's Restaurant News;5/20/96, Vol. 30 Issue 20, p41
Describes how Hawthorne Lane chef Anne Gingrass prepares a recipe called Beef Tenderloin With Asian Noodle Salad and Spring Rolls.
- Beef it up. // Restaurant Business;11/1/93, Vol. 92 Issue 16, p144
Discusses the popularity of beef in daily cookery. Dinner staple; Preparation and presentation; Variations in cooking; Recipes.
- Underutilized Beef. Lang, Joan // Restaurant Business;09/15/97, Vol. 96 Issue 18, p177
Presents examples of beef cuts available to foodservice. Tri-Tip; Top round; Skirt steak; Oxtails; Short ribs; Shank. INSET: Three for the trends.
- Solving the riddle of pot roast. Schwartz, Mary Howe // Yankee;May98, Vol. 62 Issue 5, p30
Presents information on making a good pot roast. Steps to making the pot roast; Culinary reasons for dividing pot roast; Recipe for an Irish grandmother's pot roast.
- Country classic ham. // Town & Country;Jan84, Vol. 138 Issue 5044, p88
Eight ham recipes, including Smithfield Ham in Pastry with Port Sauce; Stuffed Country Ham Braised in Sherry; Chilled Ham Mousse. INSET: on where to order specialty hams by mail..
- Angus roast beef. // Restaurant Hospitality;Jan96, Vol. 80 Issue 1, p105
Features Sara Lee Angus Roast Beef for deli sandwiches.
- Beef user's guide. // Restaurant Hospitality;Jan96, Vol. 80 Issue 1, p114
Reports on a guide on beef menu applications from the Beef Industry Council.