- Vegan Cooking Tips. Berkoff, Nancy // Vegetarian Journal;2002, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p16
Provides suggestions for vegetarian cooking. Steps in making a creamy vegan soups; Procedures in preparing a tomato sauce; Ingredients needed for mushroom gravy.
- Vegetable soups from around the world. // Prepared Foods;Jan98, Vol. 167 Issue 1, p77
Presents information on ingredients used to make vegetable soups in countries around the world. Prediction by the American Spice Trade Association on spice consumption by the year 1999; Information on the Spanish recipe `Roasted Spice Gazpacho'; How the flavor for a Mexican bread soup called...
- AS APPETIZERS OR ENTREES: SOUP'S ON--FOR ALL. Berhoff, Nancy // FoodService Director;03/15/2000, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p128
Reports on the popularity of soup as a menu item. Its advantages; Importance of base stock; How to prepare vegetarian soup; Use of pureed tofu as a replacement for milk.
- Soups, stews, and chili. Jacobi, Dana // Natural Health;Jan/Feb99, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p80
Presents recipes for vegetarian soups and stews. Jamaican Cook-Up with Black Beans; White Bean and Tomatillo Chili; Eggplant and Tomato Curry; Lentil Mushroom Soup; Pasta and Chickpea Soup. INSETS: Finding the best broth.;Stocking your pantry..
- Polite Organic Soup Can. KATTENBURG, KATHY // Moderate Voice;12/7/2010, p12
A blog related to cooking of Amy's Organic Lentil Vegetable soup, is discussed.
- 30-minute recipes. // Vegetarian Times;Mar2004, Issue 319, p23
Presents several vegetarian recipes, including Curried Lentil Soup.
- 6 big winners. Farrell-Kingsley, Kathy // Vegetarian Times;Oct97, Issue 242, p60
Presents several winning vegetarian soup recipes from the contest by the `Vegetarian' magazine. Garlicky Mango Soup by Barabara Morgan as first place; Best tofu soup; Recipe for Indian Lentil-Vegetable Soup. INSETS: At a simmer.;Soup tips..
- HOW TO HOLD THE MEAT: SOUPS AND BURGERS. Berkoff, Nancy // FoodService Director;11/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 11, p82
Offers tips on creating a vegetarian soup and burger menu. Points to consider in using ready-to-use vegetarian burgers; Variety of flavors that can be used on soups; Products that can serve as thickeners in soups; Spices that can be added on soups.
- Bowled over STOCK UP ON THIS WINTER WARMER. Pressner, Amanda // Self;Jan2004, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p63
Presents the recipe for Winter Vegetable Soup created by Lulu Powers.