- As you slice it. Lang, Joan // Restaurant Business;7/1/96, Vol. 95 Issue 10, p126
Focuses on the importance of sliced beef presentations in restaurants. Costs of planned presentations; Insights on beef offering at several restaurants; Steaks menu and recipes.
- Lean Beef Makes the Cut. Young, Mary K. // Food Management;May2001, Vol. 36 Issue 5, p80
Provides tips on proper slicing of beef. Recognition of beef as one of the best menu in food service; Nutritional facts; Need to select lean cuts of beef. INSET: Healthful Beef Facts..
- Prime rib offers a cut above the rest. Fabricant, Florence // Nation's Restaurant News;5/2/94, Vol. 28 Issue 18, p45
Offers insights on the popularity of prime ribs of beef as a menu item in restaurants in the United States. Comparison with steaks; Multiple portions; Serving size; Increase in sales of prime ribs in 1993; Offer of beef roast as an option; Importance of chef's creativity in serving prime ribs;...
- Test Tube Hamburger. // Technotrends Newsletter;Jun2013, Vol. 29 Issue 6, p2
The article offers brief information on Test Tube Hamburger, cultured hamburger created from bits of test-tube muscle tissue and served in an event with a cost of 325,000 U.S. dollars in London, England.
- Why beef is back. // FoodService Director;07/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 7, p99
Reports on trends in the food service operations specializing in beef dishes in the United States. Hamburgers as most popular single category; Growth in sales of steak; Drop in sales of prime ribs; Popular beef dishes in schools.
- Restaurant promotes Texas steaks, benefits food bank. // Lakelander (Whitney, TX);9/30/2009, Vol. 23 Issue 39, p5
The article reports on the promotion of the five-and 10-ounce Black Angus tenderloin steaks as part of the GO TEXAN Restaurant program for the Lake Whitney Area Food Bank in Whitney, Texas.
- Country Kitchen's new hamburgers show some attitude. // Nation's Restaurant News;5/13/2002, Vol. 36 Issue 19, p14
Reports the launching of a hamburger advertisement by Country Kitchen in Madison, Wisconsin.
- THE WIDE WORLD OF FOOD. Daigle, Rachael // Boise Weekly;3/16/2011, Vol. 19 Issue 38, p3
An introduction to the article is presented in which the editor various articles published within the issue such as one on street foods and one on steak and wine compatability.
- Three simple steps to skinnier ground beef. // Environmental Nutrition;Apr94, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p8
Presents a process that can reduce the fat content of ground beef by as much as fifty percent. Fat-slashing technique that works in chili, spaghetti sauce and taco fillings; Loss of flavor in the defatting process.