- SPIT CAKE. Sheraton, Mimi // New Yorker;11/23/2009, Vol. 85 Issue 38, p54
The article discusses a type of cake called Baumkuchen. Called a "tree cake" in Germany, Baumkuchen is a glazed confection that can reach up to four feet in height. The origins of Baumkuchen are uncertain, although it might be derived from a Hungarian wedding cake. The author describes her visit...
- A QUEBEC CAKE. // Gourmet;Mar2006, Vol. 66 Issue 3, p46
The article focuses on the creation of a variation to the cheesecake by students at Quebec's Fierbough culinary institute. The cake combines the following ingredients: wild blueberries, fava-bean flour, and Perron Cheddar. It won several contests and is presently considered for a supermarket...
- Dressed for the Occasion. Cobe, Patricia // Restaurant Business;11/15/2004, Vol. 103 Issue 17, p63
This article presents information related to designer bakery products made by chef Tracy Kamperdyk-Assue. Customers can order handcrafted cakes for every occasion-anniversaries, birthdays, and holidays-in a variety of shapes, colors, flavors, and prices ($45-$100). Favorites include a "Tiffany"...
- home cooking. // Good Housekeeping;Sep2003, Vol. 237 Issue 3, p216
Presents the Black Magic Cake recipe.
- HOLIDAY COOKIES. Roehrig, Elizabeth // Country Living;Dec2007, Vol. 30 Issue 12, p5A
The article presents several recipes for holiday cookies including Sugar Cookie Dough, Candy Cane and Chocolate-Dipped cookie.
- Cupcakes. // Cooking Light;Aug2010 Supplement, Vol. 24, p43
Several recipes for cakes are presented including one for mini ice-cream cakes, one for pineapple, coconut and banana upside-down cake and one for blueberry cupcakes with lemon cream cheese frosting.
- LET'S TAKE THE CAKE. // Ebony;Mar1966, Vol. 21 Issue 5, p134
Several recipes including spice cupcakes, pineapple upside down cake and daffodil cakes are presented.
- Secrets from the Cake (Mix) Doctor. Florio, Donna // Southern Living;Mar2004, Vol. 39 Issue 3, p130
Presents recipes for triple-layer cakes. Triple-Layer Tennessee Jam Cake; Triple-Decker Strawberry Cake.
- FEBRUARY: UP FIRST. Karol, Lawrence // Gourmet;Feb2006, Vol. 66 Issue 2, p16
The article features the chocolate-glazed hazelnut mousse cake. The cake is an ideal choice for celebrating valentine and in entertaining a group of friends. Features of the cake and its ingredients were described. A chocolate named nutella, described as a chocolate adored by Europeans and...