Are We There Yet?
- Summer dessert bounty. Gatsos, Diane // Food Management;Jun98, Vol. 33 Issue 6, p54
Suggests ways to prepare desserts by combining fresh fruits with bakery products. Fruit tarts; Sweet pizza pies; Cakes.
- American food. Farndorn, John // Geography (1-59084-465-3);2003, p41
Many American foods were brought from Europe by immigrants. Hamburgers and Frankfurters were brought by German immigrants. The pizza came from Naples in Italy. The bagel originated in Poland. Self-service cafeterias began in the 1849 San Francisco, California Gold Rush. The world's first...
- Impossible Pie. // Australian House & Garden;Dec2001 Supplement, p32
Presents the dessert recipe for Impossible Pie. Number of servings; List of ingredients; Baking time.
- Chef Elmer's Kentucky high pie. Seaton, Michelle // Yankee;May94, Vol. 58 Issue 5, p32
Profiles Chef Elmer of Red Hill Inn, Center Harbor, New Hampshire. Fondness for preparing desserts; Kentucky High Pie as the specialty.
- Tart tatin. // Nation's Restaurant News;10/16/95, Vol. 29 Issue 40, p29
Presents the recipe for a dessert called Tart Tatin. Ingredients; Cooking procedure.
- Chocolate tart with orange caramel. // Nation's Restaurant News;05/08/2000, Vol. 34 Issue 19, p73
Presents the recipe for Chocolate Tart With Orange Caramel prepared by Executive Chef Luis Bollo of Meigas Restaurant in New York. Ingredients; Procedure.
- IS THE BOY WHO BAKES. // Gay Times (09506101);Nov2013, Issue 425, p118
A recipe for Apple and Frangipane Tart is presented.
- Transcendental Pie. // New York;6/9/2003, Vol. 36 Issue 19, p70
Focuses on the popularity of the Roman-style pizza at Sullivan Street Bakery in New York City. Pie cooked by chef Jim Lahey; Prices of the pie; Ingredients used in preparing the pastry.
- FIVE PIES WORTH LEAVING HOME FOR. // GQ: Gentlemen's Quarterly;Feb2004, Vol. 74 Issue 2, p42
Presents a list of high-quality pizza pies in the U.S.